When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam H-fac 026k vs Noob 026K

whoopy12

Hey all,

Saw that a dealer had the Noob version 026K (v3) in stock, so I jumped at the chance (last I'd heard everyone was out of stock) and purchased it. Now that I've recieved QC pictures, I'm not so sure it's a Noob v3 after all. They're claiming that it's a "new Noob batch, with a lighter pvd color", but I have a feeling it's just an H-fac v2.

To my knowledge, the Noob v3 has:

-darker pvd coating

-when not glowing, has whiter (less yellow) lume

-different crown guard (though I'm a rollie guy, so I have a harder time identifying differences here)

-better engraved (more recessed) run/serial number on caseback

Can anyone who's owned one/both help me identify what this is?!

Previous threads on the 026K:

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/149113-my-new-026k/

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/170244-gritty-hand-wound-movement-on-pam-026k/

rwi panerai 026k

repgeek panerai 026k

See QC pics I recieved below:

uiZaOEN.jpg

cRNLBV3.jpg

V89Rcw9.jpg

oW4KlEv.jpg

Zwy1fc4.jpg

That CG looks like the Noob one. The inside corners are very square and sharp. The one big difference between the Noob and H maker is the nut on the case tube. The Nood is a separate adjustable nut like the gen. The noob has the nut and tube machined in one piece.

I bought a Noob 026 3 weeks ago. It has a lighter colored coating. The lume is white when it is not glowing, but it glows all the time. It beats my gen Omegas. The only time it is white is early in the morning. The rest of the time, it is glowing slightly green.

Who are you getting it from?

It is now my favorite watch. 

Edited by lloyd

That definitely has to be a Noob factory 26K.  As lloyd stated above, those internal CG edges are far too sharp for H-fac to have made (unless they have suddenly made advances in their equipment, which would be a welcome change, but not very likely).

It's good to know that the 26K Noob is back in stock, that's one that I have been wanting for some time now.  Could never decide if I preferred this or one of the 360s as far as DLC goes on a PAM.

BTW, is it Toro that has it back in stock, because that looks like his QC pics :g: