When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yuki dial question...

automatico

I got a white letter '5512' dial from Yukiwatch a few months back and was going to use it on a project last week and noticed many of the minute markers look like they were printed with the 'dot matrix' method...they are not solid lines but a series of dots with black from the dial plate showing between the dots. The lettering is a little bit better with no gaps but not up to what their dials used to be. The outer edges of the letters are a bit ragged and the paint/ink does not stand up from the dial like it should.

Anyone else notice this?

I looked at a few other Yuki dials and they were all Ok except for one fairly new '5513' dial that is better than the 5512 dial but not as good as their earlier dials. It seems the dials with yellow tinted markers and letters from a few years ago are the best of all as far as marker and letter quality are concerned.

Yuki has been, through the years, somewhat hot and cold at least as far as Explorer dials go.  I think they get them in "batches" and I have often wondered if these batches come from the same maker! 

Very disappointing to hear.  I agree that the batch from a few years back was tops and that they've been in the wilderness for a while (even sharing the same supplier, I suspect, as 'mahand1').  But more recent reports led me to believe that they'd turned a corner. 

All good rep parts suppliers are fleeting!