When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A genuine life story

ozon1969

Here's a real life story for the real Monaco lovers. ..

-----------------------------------------------

I must have been nine years old when the little boy's father walked into the room giving me, wrapped up in an odd colored box, as a present to his son. "Son" he said "keep this safe and never trade it with your friends for toys!" The boy's eyes grew bigger by the second (I can keep time pretty acurate) while watching at the curious box. It was red.... red as fire fighting truck.... He never saw a box like that. The small box had a band aroud it with black and white squares reminding him of a finish flag as used in car races. The boy loved racing but had a bad experience with it. back in 1973 he was 4 years old while he joined his father and went to the formula 1 race at the Zandvoort racing circuit in The Netherlands. While thinking of that race the boy remembered the most horrific experience of his life...

While he was positioned only 10 meters from the edge of the asphalt he heared a big bang followed by an incredible noise. A big ball of fire was racing towards the boy. Seconds later the expoding car came to a halt. In his panic the boys father pulled his son away preventing him to see more of this tragedy. The race continued while all officials were left confused and David Purley stopped his car in front of the boy and his father, David hurried and tried to free his fellow collegue. The race continued.... The unfortunate driver of the car was Roger Williamson who blew a tire and died in the crah following.

1560debef2a06ab49f2b6076831abd7d.jpg57b358dedec5cfdb44936da2f55f4b32.jpg

a17839269bbdd26433f5988a23cc5bef.jpg

It was a while back that the boy had thought about that unfortunate day but somehow the box brought it all back. after staring at the box for a while it was now time to examine it a little more. Two words he read, "Heuer" and "automatic". "But what do those words mean, dad?" "You will find out while you grow up boy. You will thank me later" he smiled. Then finally I could get a fresh breath of air as the box was opened by the boy. This is how we met.... Was it love at first sight? I am not sure but in the years to come the boy kept me save. once in a while the boy opened the box while staring at me. As he grew older he came to love me. Over the years the boy grew up to be a man (he thinks) while realizing that I needed some extra attention. He had never worn me around his wrist. In 2013 he decided that it was time to wear or part from me and he took me in for a big service. So now I am like brand new, a new strap is ordered and ready to wear and present to the world. Hi all! Friends call me a 1533 Monaco but you may call me lovely ;-) I am sure I will live another day and in some way remain a simpel memorial to the late Roger Williamson who died July 29th 1973

This is me...

434f506ad51cf39d99a5f728d08340f7.jpg

6ca83b995b82b7ae9ee74f7dd5a59e51.jpg

Kind regards,

Ozon1969

• Like 1