When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Diver Carbon

dornirit

I thought because one is V4 and one is V5 the higher version will be better.

So can you give me an idea (since I am so bad at these things) - why is it better ? (Cause honestly to me they both look the same )

They are produced by two different factories, so the version numbers sort of leapfrog one another one factory introduces a model and it is V1 the other factory comes out with their version and it is a V 1.1 or a V2, then the first factory comes up with an "improved" version and it's a V3 and on and on and on. So in the case of the FC's these are the latest from the two factories. You need to compare them and decide which is for you. They all have flaws, it's pretty much down to which one has the flaws that you can live with or are able to alter with modding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are produced by two different factories, so the version numbers sort of leapfrog one another one factory introduces a model and it is V1 the other factory comes out with their version and it is a V 1.1 or a V2, then the first factory comes up with an "improved" version and it's a V3 and on and on and on. So in the case of the FC's these are the latest from the two factories. You need to compare them and decide which is for you. They all have flaws, it's pretty much down to which one has the flaws that you can live with or are able to alter with modding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks, so would you taken the V4 as well if you had to choose ?

Just flip a coin and pick one... V6 will be out in a few more weeks... then V7... then V50... etc

No matter which you choose you will be very happy. Just get a V3. Don't worry nobody is going to notice. I doubt you roll in circles where guys are wearing the Gen of this and know the tells of the rep. I had a V3 and sold it to a friend... and just got another V3 to replace it as they are a great bargain in the sales forums ;)

Just flip a coin and pick one... V6 will be out in a few more weeks... then V7... then V50... etc

No matter which you choose you will be very happy. Just get a V3. Don't worry nobody is going to notice. I doubt you roll in circles where guys are wearing the Gen of this and know the tells of the rep. I had a V3 and sold it to a friend... and just got another V3 to replace it as they are a great bargain in the sales forums ;)

I actually used to wear only gen...

but started with some reps lately.

and my friend have APs but I doubt if they'll know how to spot a rep lol....

Hey, I am thinking of getting the AP Diver Carbon for a while now, and I saw that there was another update to it to version 5.

what you guys think ?

http://www.pure-time.com/product/royal-oak-offshore-diver-forged-carbon-11-jf-best-edition-on-rubber-strap-a2824-v5/

does anyone here have it and have any comments about it ?

thanks.

Hmm... to summarize what everyone said, and to add some opinions of my own,

1. The v4 is from Noob and the V5 is from J12 factory. Ignore the chinese way of naming iterations, they are misleading at times, deliberately in this case.

2. Get the v4 if you compare the two. It has a  better dial, a more accurate hour hand, and datewheel. Actual case finishing is unknown for both v4 and v5.

3. Yes I have ordered the v4 and its on the way. I took a look at the v5 pictures and identified it as a rep instantly. True, the v4 may not be perfect as well but it is a lot more accurate IMHO.

4. In case you did not get the hint yet, the v4 is the one to get (for now). ;) 

Hmm... to summarize what everyone said, and to add some opinions of my own, 1. The v4 is from Noob and the V5 is from J12 factory. Ignore the chinese way of naming iterations, they are misleading at times, deliberately in this case.2. Get the v4 if you compare the two. It has a  better dial, a more accurate hour hand, and datewheel. Actual case finishing is unknown for both v4 and v5.3. Yes I have ordered the v4 and its on the way. I took a look at the v5 pictures and identified it as a rep instantly. True, the v4 may not be perfect as well but it is a lot more accurate IMHO.4. In case you did not get the hint yet, the v4 is the one to get (for now). ;)

Thank you so much everyone ! And thanks legend for the detailed reply ! I ordered the V4 :)

Just wanted to thank all of you who made the recommendations as to the best new AP FC available. I got an email today from a long time forum member who is quite ill and not very active anymore. He wanted information on which FC he should buy. Thanks to this thread and all of you who posted recommendations, I was able to steer him in the right direction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk