When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Quartz Replica Of Choice

bkdc

I've purchased over a dozen replicas from various dealers. All of them are ETA automatic or manual wind.

I'm thinking of purchasing a quartz rep. However, I am a stickler for accuracy. (the genuine should be quartz too). What's your recommendation on an accurate quartz rep??

The TAGHeuer Indy 500 quartz Chronograph is a very good replica. But the genuine is just about 500 USD on eBay.

Omega X-33 is my personal favourite among quartz-replicas. :-) Is is multi-functional, as a quartz watch should be. The rep is also decent true to the original (first version). The X-33 is a rare replica, however Silix has it until stocks run out..

http://www.watchsilix.com/product.asp?id=812

I have the rep from Joshua. Very accurate with the swiss quartz in it.

It is a very nice watch... Yours even has the polished bezel of the current generation... I belive most other reps I have seen has the black plastic bezel and are without the circular tracks on the dial.. The polished bezel looks much more classy!

Like this:

168050-10523.jpg

The only thing I question, is that the white border around the logo seems to be too thick.. The subidial@2 is a 1/10th seconds totalizer on the rep as well?

There are even vintage quartz replicas out there... I have wanted this for some time now. :o It is actually pretty close to a genuine Chronosplit!! The worlds first watch with a combination of digital and analog dials.

168050-10524.jpg

The only thing I question, is that the white border around the logo seems to be too thick.. The subidial@2 is a 1/10th seconds totalizer on the rep as well?

white border around logo is indeed a tad too thick, also the hour markers are a little bit too short. subdial @ 2 is indeed for 1/10th seconds. I believe the rep has the same quartz as gen, i also like the saphire glass in the rep.

BTW i just ordered the Omega X-33 :whistling:

Edited by bigmouth

white border around logo is indeed a tad too thick, also the hour markers are a little bit too short. subdial @ 2 is indeed for 1/10th seconds. I believe the rep has the same quartz as gen, i also like the saphire glass in the rep.

I just told my wife to order one for me for Christmas. You better not have bought the last one!!!!!!!

Good choice with the X-33! :victory: My girlfriend actually likes it better than most of my other, more expensive watches.

It even has proper backlight and alarm, but I never really found out how to use the alarm. Advanced watch!

I cant let this thread die yet.. Quartz-replicas are an interesting theme, which are seldom discussed in here...

There are at least two more cool quartz-based replicas out there that deserve attention.. The TAGHeuer Monaco Sixty-Nine and the Microtimer.

The 69 is a cool reversible watch, combining manual wind and quartz movement, a nice special rep that has not recieved much attention here. :) Does anyone have some experiences with this?

169927-10038.jpg

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5853

The Microtimer is a plain digital watch.. Looks like a Casio, I have only seen the replica on Silix' site

http://www.watchsilix.com/product.asp?id=723

For me, the major flaw of these are that the TH-logo is not engraved on the top-plate, but just a stick-on.

I agree TAGs are best choices. TAG Formula-1 should be a good rep too. But does it make any sense to buy a rep of a $400 watch?

I'd like to see rep of the Aquaracer 2000 Chronograph (quartz version). There's only the rather poor rep of the automatic chronograph with (quartz movement).

169948-10034.jpg

The only quartz rep I've ever owned was also one of the most accuurate--VC Patrimony ultra thin--60 bucks from adam, and on an OEM strap that cost 4 times what the watch cost it was 99% on-the-wrist.

But, like all $60 reps it lived a good life and then passed on--a few scrathes on the glass, plating worn off the crown and into the kids' toy box. By my calculations you can go through 143 of those reps and get off cheaper than the gen.

I agree TAGs are best choices. TAG Formula-1 should be a good rep too. But does it make any sense to buy a rep of a $400 watch?

I'd like to see rep of the Aquaracer 2000 Chronograph (quartz version). There's only the rather poor rep of the automatic chronograph with (quartz movement).

I fully agree. I've got the Formula1 gen, but Aquaracer is over $1000 so if there is a decent rep around... well....