When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Edge Needs Your Help!

Edge

Dear All,

I have been gone for a while and am gonna be around a bit mor over the coming weeks. I am looking for your input on something.

I need to get my self a new watch. I currently hold a 111h, 1680, Mil. Tudor Sub, and the RWI watch. The 1680 gets the most wrist time as it is more ameanable to my work as it looks better with black, prolly due to the 111h being on a brown BOB Vertigo lol.

I have had a few gens and reps which I have bought and sold. I am looking to add a new one to my collection. I want your suggestions as to what you think would be the best choice. I am really struggling to make a decision as to what to buy. I was thinking about the Bell and Ross but having seen wrist shots I am not so keen. It looks good in pics but on the wrist i'm not so sure.

I amn't interested in anything old manish or another BASE panerai as it would be too similar to the 111h, I like the thought of the 127 or the 212 but not too sure about the difference in size between 44 and 47 for the 127. I just want you guys' input into what you'd suggest.

ALL PICS OF SUGGESTIONS ARE MORE THAN WELCOME.

So have at me guys what should I get for christmas for myself.

Edge!

I'd say a Davidsen PVD but you might find this too casual for the office.. so go for Joshua's latest Pam 212 with the 28,800 movement and sapphire crystal.

It has a 44mm case, but because the face is smaller than most 44mm pams it is not quite so "immediate" as your 111.

Here is a comparison shot:

168134-10511.jpg

This has the best fit and finish of all my Panerai reps... and I have eleven of the buggers, so I know wherof I speak. And - it comes on a carbon fibre strap with deployant... so you can wear it, straight out of the box, without having to wait weeks for a decent aftermarket strap to arrive.

168134-10512.jpg

168134-10513.jpg

I love my 212! (Yes - I know that the ticks are inside out. Frankly, my Dear, I don't drive a tram.)

Clive - Thanks I am seriously considering the 212 I like it a lot. I was also thinking maybe Radiomir lol know you like them too. I was thinking bout PVD but not sure about the finish and how it looks and lasts, any info is appreciated.

Randy - I'm open to all suggestions, not limited to reps, was sort of maybe thinking sinn, but I think I would prefer a rep than going gen again, but if something comes up that I just can't resist then hmmm.....

Edge

Chris your going to be thanking me for this one day, but there can only be one choice, quite frankly I believe it's the best watch out there and will put your Pams in the shade.......there I said it..........it's gotta be the PO Chrono this is one hell of a watch and the weight of it is something that Pam wearers will need to get used to....

168154-10510.jpg

Ken ;)