When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

crackling sound winding PAM 390

ozon1969

Hi all, I received this watch this week after buying it in a m2m deal.

just a quick question about winding the 390. I wind the watch clockwise and it feels and sounds pretty crackling, not sure if that is the right word... It's my first Pam so not used to it. power reserve seems to last me less than a day so I must be doing something wrong. is the cracking sound an feel normal for a watch like this? not sure, I don't want to break the mechanism... It feels and sounds like the mechanksm is faulty. maybe one of you can advise on this.

Kind regards,

Ozon1969

• 1 month later...

OK guys have spoken to buyer and seller on this at this time it is thought that this was a shipping issue that loosened up something in movement ozon winds, well you guys know the outcome if it's in a bad spot. (had this happen on one of my 6497s, loose piece  I wind BOOM!) We are going to send off to one of our rep smithes to assess.

Thanks Mike, as I have REPEATEDLY said to the buyer I wore the watch for a month with no issues and bought it from a trusted member here. When I sent the watch it worked fine. Words like scammer are very unreasonable and confrontational indeed. I have concluded many high value transactions on this site with no issues, feedback shows this. If the buyer has damaged the watch I really cannot be blamed for that.

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys have spoken to buyer and seller on this at this time it is thought that this was a shipping issue that loosened up something in movement ozon winds, well you guys know the outcome if it's in a bad spot. (had this happen on one of my 6497s, loose piece I wind BOOM!) We are going to send off to one of our rep smithes to assess.

This is incorrect Mike, we have discussed this via PM, nothing was broken, just heavily worn. We did agree I would have it fixed by another member here but I choose a different path.

Oh and the moral of the story for me is in future do not deal with new members as this whole episode has left a very nasty taste in the mouth and undermined two years of good feedback on this site...

Well then, you have probably been selling better watches then you sold me. I took the watch to a watchmen who checked it out. I didn't break the damn thing, it simply was worn out. Two new parts have been installed since then and the watch is running smoothly now. Why am I [censored] off? Very simple, you have absolutely not been cooperative sharkman07 by stating it is fine as you sold a watch in mint condition. Only comment you coud come up with was that kt might need service after it arrived with me. You might want to try and reconsider your responses. Besides screwing me you tried to frame others with smooth talk to buy a way overpriced watch from you. You seem to believe that if you keep saying that everything is fine, it is. Well it doesn't work like that. So please admins close this thread since we have all had our share with our statements. All is well now, no hard feelings.

Kind regards,

Ozon1969

Edited by ozon1969

You can certainly choose your own path but without verification of problem by a watch smith know on the boards for me to communicate with it could be anything and if worn as you say how would shark know I sure wouldn't.

Is it in the realm of possibility that this/these worn part/s decided to fail after you got it , well it is so case closed.