When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Milgauss 1019 Caset project interest.....

rolojack

Actually, I'm having trouble getting what I want from the maker...... At this point, I'm about to give up ! If I do, I'll get rid of the prototype pictured in this post, so watch out the sales area !!!!

Sure hope your maker gets his s@% together! Have been thinking a lot about this project lately, the 1019 is a great watch design.

• 3 months later...

This model is not that famous as we know, so expect galactic prices on all parts, referring to gen parts of course.

Rep parts are scarce for sure.

These are NOS or used dial and or hands sets for the 1019 require top end budget. Decide for yourself.

Dial feet are for 1570 movements, Though the Milgauss used 1580, the antimagnetic version of 1570, as ranfft mentions.

Hands have to be modified (broached) to fit ETA movements. Broaching may fail or succeed, a matter of luck.

Best bet is to either wait until very good aftermarket parts are available or go the gen dial, hands and 1520/30/60/70 movement route with an aftermarket case, like the one RoloJack offered a while back.

Using Yuki's hands with a gen dial would destroy the aesthetics in my opinion as those hands are quite fat and have to be modified/broached too if one wants to use an ETA.

Looking forward to see what case, dial, hands alternatives RoloJack may offer in hopefully near future.

P.S. If you ask me the NOS dial looks refinished, as the SCOC text is a bit too thick and not as crisp. Which may be an argument for the heavily discounted price. Comparing to the other dials for sale which are used and have a prive tag of about 3k Euro and more, from the same seller.

post-47307-0-57327600-1429955312_thumb.j

post-47307-0-36271600-1429955314_thumb.j

post-47307-0-39379000-1429955316_thumb.j

post-47307-0-99433300-1429955318_thumb.j

post-47307-0-36503600-1429954663_thumb.j

It looks ok to me, luminova service dials are always cheaper then their tritium counterparts. I am getting a set new in the blister packs, I'm sure the text on it will match the one you showed from tswisst. I prefer to use the lumi parts for my build for some reason (maybe because they are in perfect condition and glow)

Your advice is excellent