When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

U-boat Watches!

got-it

I like them... Especially the PVD ones - they look awesome!!! Lets get some replicas of these. They all use ETA and Unitas movements so it can't be that difficult ;-)

Kinda cool/funky... But compared to their prices a few years ago, they're very expensive...

Maybe they'll get bought up by Richemont...

Then we'll be kicking ourselves in ten years because we didn't buy one and they're worth 30k LOL

U-boat .. i love em .. pretty cool history as well ..

the Watch that never was: the U-Boat line is unusual, it was a design from the early 1940’s that never was produced due to the political situation in Italy at the time. In 2000 all the original plans, samples, and drawings were recovered and the watch line was finally created. It was mean as a commemorative gift for U-boat commanders .. the watch like the U-boats sank and were lost to history. The one day, a lucky man stumbles upon the plans and bingo .. finally makes the watch that never was.

I think a "sleeper" for sure and as swdivad pointed out .. "we'll be kicking ourselves in ten years because we didn't buy one and they're worth 30k LOL"

Just make sure that you get a SWISS mechanical Movementl. U-boat, like our reps .. come with different movements. and also come with different crystals. You can get a mineral cyrstal, quartz U-boat for cheap, but who'll want one.

As for the lefty design, this is part of the whole U-boat thing. sorta like Jimi Hendrix and his guitar.

Edited by SmoothOperator

I think it's also time to make some nice U-Boat replica's

This watch has become pretty expensive and they are so populair in Europe at the moment.

I think they will stay in the market for many years...

The 46mm Bell and Ross is also a fashion watch ( I think) and the have a good replica from that one.

Edited by bokkiebeh

Hello,

I bought a U-boat (left hook 53 mm number 2** of 1000 pieces with swiss quartz) last year for 425 euro,now i can sell it for 500 euro in used condition.They will be collectors items.I am not going to sell it....that's for sure.

Daan

Prices seem to be getting high on this.... I looked at the decent looking ones and they cost 2k and up!

Perhaps someone will want to post this in the RichardTracy Polls area and see if it's popular enough for Silix to make. I have a feeling that it may be, with it's little hint of PAM-ness....! Blasphemy! :Jumpy: