When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best 6263 rep currently available

K12AN

Interesting reading in the sales thread for the spinmaster PN 6263. He says that old swiss 7750's had the subdials in the correct place for a vintage daytona. I've no reason to doubt him, I'm sure he's right. So, just for clarities sake does anybody know when the changeover came to the 7753 as pointed out by panerai153?

• Like 1

I believe that lots of folks are using the 7750 as sort of a generic descriptor. If you look at some of the watch supply catalogs, there are quite a few different models in the "7750" family. I believe that they are all loosely referred to as 7750's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny old world the watch world, it seems the more questions you ask the more vague the answers get.

Just to clarify and (in keeping with your comment above) simultaneously muddy the waters: The Asian 7750 with 3/6/9 configuration is NOT the same as a 7753, either Asian or Swiss.  (Read ubiquitous' comment here, and note how 7753s have a separate date quickset pusher.) 

Further complicating matters, a few years back I remember someone selling Swiss 7750s with subdials at 3/6/9.  They were alleged to have been manufactured in this configuration by ETA.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to order one of them and investigate further.