When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First commissioned revision on a particular watch...

GenTLe

...you know?

I kind of like it :)

After some research I got that it's a real Russian watch, produced around 1980 (when the Soviet was in a kind of trend here in the west EU) and the whole watch line advertised as "the real Red Army watch".

In reality (the Vostok was really the watches ordered for the CCCP army) the gen Red Army ones were those reporting "3aka3 mo cccp" on the dial, which means "by order of defence ministery".

Anyway, I still like it :)

post-63910-0-48728100-1418679925_thumb.j

post-63910-0-25912600-1418679931_thumb.j

post-63910-0-85065800-1418679938_thumb.j

post-63910-0-20201700-1418679947_thumb.j

Thanks man- I had it custom made pretty happy with how it goes together!

They absolutely fit!

Bob, a question for you: today I completely unassembled it in order to put it back in shape. One thing I'm not getting is if the crown of mine is ok or not.

It is kind of very loose. It's like a rolex spring crown but assembled without the spring... After having it unscrewed from the case, I need to keep it pulled a bit in order to be able to hand wind...

Is it the same in your too?

Thanks, GenTLe

They absolutely fit!

Bob, a question for you: today I completely unassembled it in order to put it back in shape. One thing I'm not getting is if the crown of mine is ok or not.

It is kind of very loose. It's like a rolex spring crown but assembled without the spring... After having it unscrewed from the case, I need to keep it pulled a bit in order to be able to hand wind...

Is it the same in your too?

Thanks, GenTLe

Hi GenTLe- I don't think you need to worry about your crown, mine is pretty similar.

I have no Rolex to compare but the crown is pretty shaky at all positions.

If I unscrew to adjust the time I have to screw right in then unscrew again to wind, and the crown moves easily up and down as well as round!

A strange little watch but I love mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi GenTLe- I don't think you need to worry about your crown, mine is pretty similar.

I have no Rolex to compare but the crown is pretty shaky at all positions.

If I unscrew to adjust the time I have to screw right in then unscrew again to wind, and the crown moves easily up and down as well as round!

A strange little watch but I love mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is now incoming for mine:

MyHeK-LB80-Taunus-schwR20.jpg

The movement, after cleaning and oiling tasks is running smoothly from 24 hours :)