When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor 7928 problems

martijnp

Hi guys,

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! 

I've got a little problem with my Tudor 7928. The watch was always running perfectly, she had a nice place in my watch winder but because it's full I put her in a non-winding spot. Now I get her on the wrist and experience this problem.

The watch stops running after a while. I thought it could be some startup problems but now I realize this isn't the problem. I've tried to give her a lot of shakes so the movement get started, it starts running and after a couple of minutes she stops. The whole day she was on my wrist, running and stopping the whole time.

I'm not sure what kind of movement is inside I thought it could be a 2813 or 2836 but I never openend the case. The Zigmeister did some mods and he told it was a Miyota movement, but I never taken the back off to verify what he said. 

Any ideas what this could be?

Thanks in advance,

Martijn

Marti,

Did you try and hand wind it?  Sometimes my GMT does this and with a good 25 hand winds, she runs perfectly again.  For some reason when on the winder she does not always store up a power reserve.  

Thanks for the reply mate. I tried to hand wind the watch, it starts running but after a while she's standing still again :( 

Only simple reason I can come up with is if the seconds hand started catching the minute hand when it stops (just check). Otherwise once You open the caseback to check what movement it is it´s a fairly simple swap (and most probably inexpensive too). And it looks good, already liked it on the snowpics.

Only simple reason I can come up with is if the seconds hand started catching the minute hand when it stops (just check). Otherwise once You open the caseback to check what movement it is it´s a fairly simple swap (and most probably inexpensive too). And it looks good, already liked it on the snowpics.

Thanks for the reply mate but the watch is running over the minute hand when it stops :(

I don't have the right tool right now to open the casebook (only a case opener but I'm afraid to scratch the back) so I'm going to order a different one just to see what kind of movement is in it. Any other idea's what this problem could be?

I have used the standard cheap case opener with 3 points on these and it always worked, if You go slowly and press it a bit down while turning. (It´s vintage anyway so a scratch would seem normal anyway.)

The other method is to use sticky packing band made into a ball (but I prefer above method).

I have used the standard cheap case opener with 3 points on these and it always worked, if You go slowly and press it a bit down while turning. (It´s vintage anyway so a scratch would seem normal anyway.)

The other method is to use sticky packing band made into a ball (but I prefer above method).

I do have a tool like you mentioned, will take a look tomorrow and post a picture of the movement :) Thanks again mate!

I don't know Marti bad things seem to happen when I open a watch case :partytime: , better to send off to Micky. :g:

lol, well I tried but I just can't open the caseback with the tools I have. Says enough right :p

Just ordered a friction ball to open the watch.