When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Schumi Ti

pcardoza

This is my first AP purchase in a very long time.   I jumped at it on Ryan's site as he offered it for well below what the other TD's are selling it for.   I already reviewed the transaction in the TD section.

I was nervous when ordering, as none of the TD's seem able to post up good pictures of this piece.   Every TD site photo makes the piece out to be much lighter in color (dial and strap) than in real life.    After looking at high quality photos of the GEN, I half expected to be disappointed with the REP.    

Well, I was pleasantly surprised to receive an absolute stunner of a rep.   This thing is absolutely gorgeous.    The strap and dial coloring are much more than I had hoped for.   Fit and finish are as nice as any rep I have held in my hand.   

It's been on my wrist for all of an hour, so I can't comment on the movement, but it started up with a couple of swirls right out of the box.   Here's on photo and I'll try to post a bunch more later.   

Now.......  We'll see if I can get over the uneasy feeling of wearing a rep of a $45,000 watch!   

post-62145-0-80669900-1420472748_thumb.j

This is a nice watch by itself I agree, but not a good rep at all of the gen Schumi.

The dial color is way too dark, and the date wheel ring is too thick. I have done countless comparisons of the rep vs gen and ultimately decided not to go through with the purchase. The dial color is just too far off. I wonder how the rep factory could have made this mistake if they "made this using the gen as a sample"

post-39895-0-62318700-1420473651_thumb.j

But other than that, yes the watch is very well made, I have handled my friend's watch, quality is very commendable. 

I have to admit, the darker dial makes the overall look much more appealing to me.   I'm guessing that the odds of me bumping into someone who has even seen the GEN are pretty darn slim.......     :lol:  

I have to admit, the darker dial makes the overall look much more appealing to me.   I'm guessing that the odds of me bumping into someone who has even seen the GEN are pretty darn slim.......     :lol:  

I do agree somewhat after seeing the rep in person mate.. this could be the rare case of the rep being more appealing than the gen in terms of overall looks, accuracy aside.

Congrats and wear her well. :)