When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any recommendations on a nice 9315 rep bracelet?

Beachcomber

Thanks, I've contacted Yuki to see if he could possibly put one together for me, I don't think he will though but it's worth asking. If all else fails I may just get one of his rivet bracelets that he said will be back in stock at the end of the month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the Yuki rivets it the correct one for yours.

Or you can buy a Josh 7836 (good quality links) and install a  WSO 580 end link and a SUB CLASP (TC, CARTEL 93250 it's good also)

For the Yuki one's i have bought a couple (one on my Tudor MC and one on my 1675 and it is exactly like the gen one that i have sold after buy this two)

I have Mary's 7836 on my Snowflake and its quality is spectacular. It's right up there with all my 9315s. Changing the clasp is necessary, but there's a big tell, the end piece that connects the band to the end link is figure-8 shaped, not flat as it should be.

toa1.jpg

sf3.jpg

I think the Yuki rivets it the correct one

I know the rivet is the one I should have but for some reason I have always likes the folded link bracelets more. I have had both rivet and folded links in the past, granted the rivets were C & I and to me they were way too fragile and the rivets would snag on sweaters and any other long sleeve jumper I was wearing.

I have Mary's 7836 on my Snowflake and its quality is spectacular. It's right up there with all my 9315s. Changing the clasp is necessary, but there's a big tell, the end piece that connects the band to the end link is figure-8 shaped, not flat as it should be.

I may have a look at Mary's, you mean MBW, right? And change the clasp out. I think this may be a good option.

http://robertmaron.com/product.php?productid=18658&cat=265&page=4&sold

7836 bracelet on a 5513 and he claims it's original ;)

Production of riveted bracelets stopped in 1969 then came folded bracelets.
Subs sold after that year were with the 7836 non riveted, non fliplock bracelet BUT still some 5513 Submariner watches in 1971 were originally sold with the 7206 or 7836 bracelet. Same time but not long after in the USA 7836 riveted bracelet was a replacement option for the 9315.

Submariners were sold with different bracelets as an option including a Jubilee option , Rolex did do special orders but the 7836 was never a replacement for the 9315, the 9315 was replaced with the 93150. The C & I never had a 7836 designation, I think you are confusing it with the 7206 which was only used on the Swiss rivet, never the C & I. Also, riveted bracelets were produced well into the 70s using the USA C & I.

Submariners were sold with different bracelets as an option including a Jubilee option , Rolex did do special orders but the 7836 was never a replacement for the 9315, the 9315 was replaced with the 93150. The C & I never had a 7836 designation, I think you are confusing it with the 7206 which was only used on the Swiss rivet, never the C & I. Also, riveted bracelets were produced well into the 70s using the USA C & I.

I was under the impression that 7836 was replacement for 9315 if you didn't want 9315 first place and wanted something else, like 7836.

That I know that C & I never had a 7836 designation.

Thanks for clearing that hazy info up ! :notworthy:

Rolex is and always has been very clandestine when it comes to their parts, there are so many strange things out there that just when you think you've got it all sorted Rolex throws a wrench in the works.A 7836 may have been a substitute special order at some point just like the Jubilee but as the norm no. Same thing happens when it comes to dials, you can see the same year and very close serial number range using dials from earlier periods. Rolex enthusiasts have been trying to sort this out for ages.Rolex is pretty easy to figure out but there are anomalies, now if you're into vintage Tudor you're really screwed, with them they could've very well used just about anything that was in stock at the time. There have been many many discussions and debates about both Rolex and Tudor over this subject.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk