When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can you help me to find an accurate Explorer 1 36mm rep

PrivateJoke

Hi everyone,

I've carefully read the forum and try to get an answer on the different post i've found but nothing, so i ask for some help.

For my first rep i would like to buy a Rolex Explorer 36mm replica but wasn't able to find an accurate one.

For my first try in the rep watches world i want to go for a very good "exterior" looking rep but with a "basic" movement, in order to be less expensive for a first try.

I've found some good replica that keep the case/glass/dial/etc of the expensive/ultimate/swiss models but with Asian 2813 25j movement, all that under 170-180 dollars.

But the main problem is in every model i found there is a major flaws: the 3-6-9 numbers on dial are filled with luminova as the genuine isn't.

So is there a replica that is accurate ?

Hope you can help me.

most of the exp i reps are pretty good.

i think youre getting them mixed up. ive never seen a exp i with lume filled 3,6,9.

the vintage models with the painted dials have lumed markers including the 3,6,9.

my only problem with modern exp i reps is they all seem to be either 2813s or SA3135s.

the ones that actually come with the preferred eta clone seem to have the wrong hands.

the one in M2M now is a pretty good one.

2824 based movement which is good and it has the right skinny hands.

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/175338-fs-explorer-1-36-mm-eu/

it LOOKS like it has lume in 3,6,9 but im pretty sure thats the reflection.

if that was CONUS, it would be mine for sure.

i think youre getting them mixed up. ive never seen a exp i with lume filled 3,6,9.

the vintage models with the painted dials have lumed markers including the 3,6,9.

All the Explorer 1 36mm replicas i found got 3-6-9 filled with luminova.

As the genuine 36mm hasn't 3-6-9 luminova filled, all the rep i've found aren't accurate.

Here is another 36mm I found.

http://www.kuvarsit-watch.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30725Being

I'm new at this so I'm not sure if this is a bargain or not.

First time I've seen mention of 440 stainless steel.

Anybody dealt with this company before?

I really want a good 36mm copy.

I've seen that one.

Unless you got a lume shot you can't tell if it's accurate to gen or not...

There are lots of 36mm Exp 1 reviews over on RWI and Repgeek. This discussion has been covered many times before. Overall, Angus probably has the best one if you can get it from him. He had it in stock last year but then quickly went back out of stock. It is the ETA 2824 version, so the crown stem height is correct. Some are too low on the case. Dial, hands, and everything else are dead ringers for gen. The big detail is the crown itself, and over on RG a member who sells gen Rolex crowns and parts bought one last year. He reviewed it and said the crown was indistinguishable from the gen Explorer crown he had for sale. It was that good.

I already have a 36mm Explorer from Josh at Perfect Clones, but if it ever dies I'm replacing it with the one from Angus (Puretime). Either that or I'll build a vintage 1016.

Some other members on RWI have had MarvelousReplica source them a 36mm. That one is also very good.

Edited by Mendota Explorer

There are lots of 36mm Exp 1 reviews over on RWI and Repgeek. This discussion has been covered many times before. Overall, Angus probably has the best one if you can get it from him. He had it in stock last year but then quickly went back out of stock. It is the ETA 2824 version, so the crown stem height is correct. Some are too low on the case. Dial, hands, and everything else are dead ringers for gen. The big detail is the crown itself, and over on RG a member who sells gen Rolex crowns and parts bought one last year. He reviewed it and said the crown was indistinguishable from the gen Explorer crown he had for sale. It was that good.

I already have a 36mm Explorer from Josh at Perfect Clones, but if it ever dies I'm replacing it with the one from Angus (Puretime). Either that or I'll build a vintage 1016.

Some other members on RWI have had MarvelousReplica source them a 36mm. That one is also very good.

I know Angus had the best 36mm rep but apparently the factory don't produce it anymore...

The 36mm from Josh got lumeon the 3-6-9 makers so its inaccurate.

I've sent PM to 2 members who got MR 36mm rep and no answer at the moment.

Keep trying

Do keep us posted on the MR 36mm 14270, I'm checking with kuvarsit on the version he offers. Apparently he has good Panerai reps, not too sure about his Rollies tho.

For Panerai reps, KW got noob factory reps and KW factory reps. To me, Noob factory are way better IMO. If you don't see the models you want on the website, ask them about which model you want as they can source it.

For Rolex, they got the same as any other dealers. I think the 36mm Exp on KW website is the same as MR.