When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Toro - not to be trusted? - dont buy from him!

kargo

Messy it is....

But why say its refunded on the 3 rd and then after - what I believe to be a long time (and perhaps only beause of a mod) he finally come up with what I have been asking for all along - screen shots - that shows he has tried to refund on the 27 th!?

Is that not lying? 

cheap or expensive watch - important or just minor serious because not comming around to it? Lying it is!

Would I have recieved my refund if not for these threads and Mod. Mike? I dont know!....

Any way communication and service could have been better IMO. Not answering a customer for 1½ month?.

Credit card delays certainly hasn´t helped either on the trust issue.

1 thread for help

1 when I found out the lie?! And the trust issue appeared is that wrong? If so - I didn´t know.

But when everybody answers in both and a 3 rd about your case - Toro also in the end - You have to defend/answer yourself all these places don´t you?

Nervermind. If the money is rightfully and finally comming my way justice is done - and I can live with a small lie. But lying it is IMO.

Everybody are entitled to their own opinion - and ofcourse there has to be room for some bias - that is okay.

I will continue my life buying the real stuff now (already done) and Toro will continue selling reps. The earth keeps turning - right?

Keep happy and smiling.

PS: If the QC pictures show a hole different date-window that the one adverticed - then you can cansell? Or cant you? Important for new customers I think to learn about the value of QC pictures...

PSS: Why close the thread "OMG TOROBRAVO BS Quality Control" - thats and independent thread about and independent subject - and therefore nothing to do with me and my problems with Toro. It´s about quality right? Well there is a lot I dont understand  :innocent: 

Regards  :pimp:

Edited by kargo

thanks Mike for consolidating the threads into one "rant: thread. I don't think that this should have ever gotten to the point that it did. I understand that the OP wants his money back, everyone does, but what EVERYONE has to remember we aren't buying replica watches from Amazon !! We are dealing with people in other countries, some of which have banking systems that are multi tiered, as dbane883 described above. Lots of steps, and with each one the possibility of delays or errors.

Another thing that the OP needs to keep in mind, unlike Amazon and LL Bean, dealers don't generally take watches back just because you "changed your mind". For the most part these are final sales, sorry Charlie, can't help it if the color of the dial doesn't match your eyes, your purse or your new blue suede  shoes!! Usually returns are only accepted  because the watch arrived DOA or dies soon after. So to the OP, be happy that Toro even agreed to a refund, because it's certainly not the norm.

And like legend stated, quit whining over a damn cheap quartz watch that costs less than most straps. Next time,  if there is a next time, make sure before you hit the "buy" button, and if by some chance the watch doesn't suit you, do what all the rest of us here on this and every watch forum, rep or genuine do, take some photos and post it on the sales forum. Can you spell "Catch and release" because that's precisely what everyone else does. If it doesn't work sell it on. 

• Like 1

You know I never recieved the watch - right? What are the QC pictures for then? Fun?

And a month of lying and 1½ not answering - is that okay too?

No it's not, but you stated you cancelled the watch before it was sent, is that not correct? So if you did indeed cancel before it was shipped, then obviously you wouldn't expect to receive a watch. I really don't have a clue as to how refunds work when you go through a multi tiered system like dbane described. no telling where it got hung up, I do know that this watch thing requires patience. And I'm not only speaking for reps, it applies to gen watches as well. I have a deposit down for a MKII GMT which is a homage to the Rolex 6542. I made the deposit in January 2012. Two years and 5 days ago, and the watch is still probably 6-10 months out. So I believe that what you have to understand is this hobby requires patience if you are going to participate. The other alternative is buying a watch at your local AD, jewelry store or mall store. In those cases, you have instant gratification, you can inspect the watch before purchase and make sure it's working, it isn't damaged, and most importantly it is what you want, you walk out the store with your new watch on your arm, a happy man.

This hobby is fraught with pitfalls. Several years ago, a famous rep manufacturer by the name of WM9 offered a Rolex Sea Dweller, that was as close to perfect as you could get. A lot of folks, myself included put up 375.00 USD's as a pre order purchase. Well guess what? WM9 disappeared, some say he was killed in and auto accident, but long story short, we all lost our money. Another more recent incident right here on RWG, we had a watch repair/modder by the name of MD2020. He went rogue, disappeared, along with over 20 thousand dollars worth of watches, parts, movement, etc. one fellow here lost around 10K in watches and movements. I lost a very nice DW case set, a really good dial and an ETA 7750 movement, all together about 1K. So while we all have some modicum of sympathy for you, most of us have lost a lot more in bad deals, crappy repair work, you name it.

I hope that your money is refunded, and you end up not losing anything, but if you don't get every penny back, just move forward and chalk this up to experience.

Valid point Panerai. And this HAS been an experience to me. Let us all move on...

Wisest thing you've said to date. Please, let it go already. Guys who purchased from Toro will continue to do so and guys that have not may one day still do so.

Yours is a $100+ problem. Let's not blow it out of proportion.

Enough whining already buddy.

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

Wisest thing you've said to date. Please, let it go already. Guys who purchased from Toro will continue to do so and guys that have not may one day still do so.

Yours is a $100+ problem. Let's not blow it out of proportion.

Enough whining already buddy.

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

Sorry to bring this up out of the blue, but the last three I bought had QC problems.

@Toro Bravo... Fire your QC guy and get a new one... he's costing all of us TIME & MONEY (and face, cuz I bought some for my friends)!!

Jesus, just check the watches properly according to the basic decent quality standards, it ain't rocket science:

is everything lining up (look at it)

is it keeping pretty good time (check it on your meter)

is the finish good (dial & casings)  (look at it)

is it aesthetically good all around?  (look at it)

is there [censored] in the movement  (look at it)

C'mon... if we're a forum member at least you should be checking this stuff METICULOUSLY... it'll save you and me more than just time and money.

Recently, you've been breaking my heart! :-(