When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

LF watch repair, US

sebvad

post-49055-0-05301900-1422149477_thumb.j

Just purchased a Hublot Big Bang from Sead, and it arrived non-functional, with a piece that appears to have fallen off and is wedged between the rotor and case back.  It's a 7750 movement.  Since this is the first watch i've purchased that didn't work, it's a bit uncharted territory for me.  Someone has suggested here that i look for a local watch smith that could take a look at it to repair.  I'd post a photo of it to help, but can't seem to like to a file on my desktop - so if somone's interested in considering it, i could always email  you a photo before hand if that helped.

It really is a beautiful watch, but it'd only be right 2x / day as it stands 8-)  Anyone US folks (i'm on the e. coast) do this type of thing?

Edit - nevermind, the attach file is at the bottom, not the top - i see it now.  You can see the little round piece over the "U" in the Hublot name on the rotor..

Edited by sebvad

Well if you work for the big one you could head to Philly Chinatown around JFK Plaza and look there, maybe take a rest stop in Lititz on the way... But don't feed the starving watchmaking students.

On the other end of the state, I guess you could take a trip to Pittsburgh and have lunch at the Chinatown Inn on 3d off Grant and ask about watchmakers there.

Thanks Tomhorn - i tried to replace the screw myself, and i think it's actually the head of the screw and is broken off - it's not going back into the hole.  I've taken it to a couple of local repair places and they're indicating the can't (probably won't) work on it - so i don't think i've found the elusive 'rep friendly' watch repair shoppe yet..