When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

so I get these QC pics...

swdivad

I hate wise-ass dealer answers, so I'm posting this here... sorry for being so long winded, but I would have expected at least a decent reply that this is all they have instead of a snippy answer?

I get these QC pics for my order from a trusted dealer:

post-212-0-79592700-1425812157_thumb.jpg

post-212-0-81248000-1425812163_thumb.jpg

post-212-0-70482300-1425812169_thumb.jpg

post-212-0-78128600-1425812174_thumb.jpg

post-212-0-91942700-1425812180_thumb.jpg

post-212-0-71963500-1425812186_thumb.jpg

so I reply:

Hi XXX...

Please see my attached photos of a comparison on how the CG should look on this watch. Your low resolution photos don't show the CG shape as I would expect it to be for this quality of watch.

Maybe it is the lighting and low resolution of the photos, but I would like to see photos of the CG similar to below angles to know if the CG has the correct shape:
post-212-0-79092200-1425813110_thumb.jpg
post-212-0-37953000-1425813140_thumb.jpg

Please see below photos from you with the problem I see in comparing:

post-212-0-14836200-1425813012_thumb.png
post-212-0-43979100-1425813018_thumb.png
post-212-0-96755600-1425813183_thumb.png
post-212-0-54208000-1425813190_thumb.png

SO... I get this reply:

Hi

This is the promotion watch,Like pics you show me,I feel you want to spend 288usd to buy a gen watch.

Best Regards,

XXX

So my reply is:

XXX...

Please don't waste your and my time writing things like this to me. Just write they don't do that yet if you cannot provide.. I don't at all appreciate stupid answers like this.

If I wanted to spend my money on a gen watch, I would. I don't, that is why I am contacting you for the first time, after many many years and watches from many of the trusted dealers. 

BTW... I am sure you know about this shape feature... it is promoted from ALL the dealers (Joshua/Andrew, Angus, Toro, etc, etc) as being a major feature of the 243, bronzo, and others... as an upgrade. 

The factory is well aware of this shape on the CG... why they don't make it the way they make the other models is amazing to me and also to many other members of the forum (I'm sure).

If you can't provide a properly shaped CG that the factory already knows about, then I will change my order to a different watch.

Please let me know. 

Thank you.

And after, I thought I'd just ask:

Dear XXX,

My other question would be... Does the NON-PROMOTION watch have the correct CG?

Thank you.

OK, maybe I'm being a bit picky, but I don't think I'm being TOO PICKY, as this shape is very very well known to ALL the major factories, and is a promotion feature on the new watches coming out...

This has been asked again and again...

WHY CAN'T THESE FACTORIES MOVE FORWARD CONSISTENTLY???!!!

Edited by swdivad

Man, if the watch is in promotion, get it that way: once you have it it takes 5 mins, a screwdriver and a bit of n.800 sandpaper to reshape the crownguard that way... Seriously there is no point for spending other 80$ for such easily fixable thing!

In my opinion QC pics are just for checking if you have the right watch, and that it has no major faults/damages. QC pics are plenty clear, you can see what you are getting. If it's just that little corner that's bothering you, seems like an easy thing to do yourself.

Man, if the watch is in promotion, get it that way: once you have it it takes 5 mins, a screwdriver and a bit of n.800 sandpaper to reshape the crownguard that way... Seriously there is no point for spending other 80$ for such easily fixable thing!

I understand what you're saying, I'm just not sure if the construction of the crown may be different, as the pictures are not very revealing and are seeming to hide that exact feature...

Also, he's come back and said I've ordered the wrong version and I want the NON-Promotion watch... Now wait a minute... why are these on promotion then?

Then, on his site, the two versions have the exact same description (actually the promo version has a much larger description than the non-promo)... And the promo version says something like "price drop from $4XX to $2XX, good chance to place your order now"...

It does not say anything about being inferior or even a different model... The non-promo also does not say it's a newer version... This to me means the watch is the same watch, just discounted. 

I ordered the watch because I wanted the latest and quality version... and what about the promo??

• Are these 'promo versions factory rejects?
  • Maybe the bezel is sloppy
  • Maybe the CG lever is floppy or not tight
  • Maybe there's inferior lume or AR coating...
  • What else will I risk?

Now, he sent pics of the 'other' version that seems to have the shaped corners, but the pics are pretty low-res on them also:

post-212-0-11356600-1425819784_thumb.jpg

post-212-0-53458800-1425819793_thumb.jpg

Yes, I could get a 'reject version' and send it off to a watchmaker, then modder to fix whatever was missed in the pics... But really, I just want the high quality that they state on their website... otherwise, they should say this is the lite version, or the crappy version, or the entry level version, or the wanna send off to the modder version that'll cost you more than the non-promo version!!!

sorry for the long-winded rant... but sheeesh

Spend more money and get the better version. It sounds like you want the reassurance that you've bought the 'best' version available. For an extra $80 I think you'll have peace of mind.