When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Yachtmaster II!

positivitony

So I was lurking on replicawatchvideo as I do every so often, and something caught my eye...A Yachtmaster II! http://www.replicawatchvideo.com/yachtmaster-ii-11683-ssyg-white-dial-on-ssyg-bracelet-a7750_e851191da.html

Is it just me, or have the factories not made one of these guys until now? I've always been a fan of the model even though a lot of folks I know can't stand it. On the rep, the Regatta chrono doesn't appear to be functional sadly :(, and the "yacht-master" lettering on the bezel is a bit too thin for my liking...but then again, I'm not an expert. What do you think, gents? I, for one still quite like it, but my better judgment is telling me to pass on this one and go gen instead, but nevertheless, I figured I'd share what I found!

seriously stop it with the IMO's on clownmaster.. wtfc?

If this guy wants one? You post was way offensive IMO

so

..In response this is a hit or miss proposition, I have an ongoing order for this watch with this exact dealer, working on getting the correctly painted Bezel..

It comes from the same factory in two movements, 21k and 28k, and is NOT 44mm... measured by one TD at 42.9 mm without crown.

My word I dont know why they have such a hard time taking a picture of a watch and then getting the same watch to us!!

So, yes it was and is available from Puretime...

comes in low beat at 208 and high beat at 343... my order for the low beat version now has the correct Bezel color, note it is a two tone and do not settle for some crap with red gold lettering in you order a two tone....

Other TD can get this as well... there are also many poorer versions IMO.. some are 44mm dial though.

Now, what about reliability...??

feel free to PM me about this if you need to.

seriously stop it with the IMO's on clownmaster.. wtfc?

If this guy wants one? You post was way offensive IMO

so

..In response this is a hit or miss proposition, I have an ongoing order for this watch with this exact dealer, working on getting the correctly painted Bezel..

It comes from the same factory in two movements, 21k and 28k, and is NOT 44mm... measured by one TD at 42.9 mm without crown.

My word I dont know why they have such a hard time taking a picture of a watch and then getting the same watch to us!!

So, yes it was and is available from Puretime...

comes in low beat at 208 and high beat at 343... my order for the low beat version now has the correct Bezel color, note it is a two tone and do not settle for some crap with red gold lettering in you order a two tone....

Other TD can get this as well... there are also many poorer versions IMO.. some are 44mm dial though.

Now, what about reliability...??

feel free to PM me about this if you need to.

well thats YO (your opinion) which you're entitled too

but notice in the second line he said "What do you think, gents?" he is asking for opinions before he buys something

You're shitting me.

+1

IMO, I wouldn't wear one either, and I still don't think there is a great rep of the YM2 yet. Given the complication of the countdown timer, there might not ever be a great one, only marginally good. The best version I have seen was the one sourced privately by a member Ijw73 over on RepGeek (http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=234625) that had the working countdown timer and the "no date" dial. They weren't perfect either, but seemed to be much better than the other versions.

From a quick look at PT's site, I don't think any of his models is the one I am talking about. His A2813 has a center seconds that moves with the seconds at 6 according to the photograph. I don't think it's the same watch.

Edited by tomhorn