When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Removing insert

Ezio

Hey guys Any ideas what to do when trying to remove a newly glued bezel insert without destroying The insert ??

Warm Water snd soap didnt work

I sadly glued The insert to early before i had mounted The bezel and springwire on to The case

Gently what does that mean haha :p

With me there is only two options always hammer or table saw :p

Enough jokes what is gently a couple of minutes a feet away from The bezel ?

Lmao mate  :inverted:  Just make sure your only heating up the outer part of the watch bezel as the heat will be drawn down through the case boiling your watch movement oils, oh and mind your fingers with that hammer too :partytime:  

Super glue haha but it did the job mate :)! Haha

Worst part it was some industrial glue Heavy [censored] :p

Thanks for the tip cross finger i manage to Mount the bezel :p

it really depends on what kind of glue you used and if the watch has a crystal or a plexi.

if its on a plexi, dont heat it. the heat it would need to remove the glue would melt the plexi.

if its just regular glue, heat would take it off but see above.

you could also use "Goof Off". its pretty much citrus oil. you just gotta work it in to the nooks and crannies.

that stuff is pretty good at removing glue. it just makes a mess because its so oily.

it really depends on what kind of glue you used and if the watch has a crystal or a plexi.

if its on a plexi, dont heat it. the heat it would need to remove the glue would melt the plexi.

if its just regular glue, heat would take it off but see above.

you could also use "Goof Off". its pretty much citrus oil. you just gotta work it in to the nooks and crannies.

that stuff is pretty good at removing glue. it just makes a mess because its so oily.

In his post, he mentions he got the bezel off the case, so your comments are moot, here. Heat away!

Good advice guys and goof off is pretty good too, apart from it may well remove the gold plating too  ;)  he was heating the glue with the bezel off the watch btw so all good, just glad he didn't chop a finger off in the process  :partytime:

Haha yeah im surprised myself that i still have 10 fingers intact

The heat helped out bigtime :D now just trying to find a new insert for it as i dont want The ghosted look on my 6538 Anymore :D