When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Phong bezel assembly on Cartel 1665?

slay

Hi,

can anyone tell me whether the phong 1665 bezel assembly fits on the Cartel 1665 cases? Phong told me they fit on 'genuine rolex cases', but I was hoping I can also use a Cartel case (1500$ for his case set is definitely too steep for me). Thanks :)

Until/unless a member who has actually mated the 2 together jumps in, you might fare better by asking the seller of your case if it is made to OEM specs. Still, from my experience, due to the lack of QC & variability of most rep makers, regardless of anyone's experience or what a seller tells you, the reality is that until you try it with your case, there is no way to be 100% certain either way.

If you're really set on going the Phong route, try contacting JMB.  He has mad skillz in machining crystal retaining rings and I bet he could make something to mate the Phong to the Cartel.

As long as there's a rehaut neck on the case, and a crystal to fit snugly over it, I think there's hope.

If you're really set on going the Phong route, try contacting JMB.  He has mad skillz in machining crystal retaining rings and I bet he could make something to mate the Phong to the Cartel.

As long as there's a rehaut neck on the case, and a crystal to fit snugly over it, I think there's hope.

Good to know in case I run into any troubles ;)

Phong bezel and Cartel case is exactly the combo I have. All I needed to do was shave the crystal wall thickness slightly until the retaining ring fitted snuggly.

36c010e5bbe0025a0caea153811fa4d8.jpg

537d083df4d74f51a28f0678741adae3.jpg

e5334f28deab590103fbad73f9cc2915.jpg

Thanks again for the help, I'll do it the same way you did :)

Edited by slay

The 'rehaut neck' on the case is necessary to be a gen style crystal mount. If the case has that, then it is a matter of the crystal. The bezel retaining ring is pressed onto the crystal. The ring only seats at the case. The bezel attaches to the retaining ring, not to the case. The bezel will seat wherever the retainer seats.