When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Thing Of Beauty, The Best Vintage Daytona Ive Seen(special Dw 6263)

rbj69

cause he paid me 20 bucks instead of 200 basically, lmao , but mainly cause it wasnt anything major , just some trash and only took me an hour to get it running again smoothly , and no i dont work on them , i just looked it over for him and found what was broken , like the stem was broken off inside the movment and the trash and etc. , basically i pieced it together for him and refinished the case and installed a new tube and crown and stuff like that, the dial and hands were not installed by me and they do reset usually to straight up but when u wind it they move a bit, and i believe they do this on the genuine watch as well

he also has a guy that will do him a overhaul in his neck of the woods , so i was told, because i would never completely breakdown this movment , wowowowwowo not my thing , lol

oh yeah i have a better dial if u want it , but u never mentioned it , just get with me on that ok

merry christmas

joe

I didn't send it to Ziggy because he was so backed up with work and I have a guy here who can service it (I hope).

Any observations about the watch and what to do next with it to get it looking even better are welcome.

Fair enough, Stephen, but I do think a movement like this deserves a full service :)

As for next steps... Well, you've covered it. Better dial, gen bracelet... Not sure what can be done about the pushers; sometimes gen pushers can be fit, depending on the case, but sometimes not.