When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Midweek Wrist Check

By-Tor

I put this on yesterday... and checked the accuracy just 10 minutes ago: +/- 2 seconds. Not bad for unserviced 18 months old ETA 2836-2.

Will wear it today as well. How about you...what's your watch choice?

170985-9668.jpg

170985-9669.jpg

@Randy: you now have 2 functioning El Primero-Daytonas, eh? Or did you just make a dial swap... and the other one is still WIP?

So...which one you like better? Black or white? I'm 100% sure it would be a tough choice for me.

Well, the black dial Daytona's movement is on it's way to Ziggy for an overhaul.... So, for now, that one is down, and I'm just looking at an empty case. However, once the movement is serviced with a clean bill of health, I'll probably wear both.... Maradona style ;)

...Okay, maybe not. Indeed it will be a hard decision every morning, but I think black may get the nod. Seems to be more versatille ^_^

170992-9666.jpg

I find it interesting that white is the preferred dial version on the new Daytonas. It would be interesting to see the statistics of the ratio between white and black.

For my Omega Speedmaster BA it was no contest...the blue hands against white dial create enough contrast... and look gorgeous. But sometimes I feel white dial watches are too stealthy and pale. In the end of the day I'd probably choose the black Daytona as well. :)

For my Omega Speedmaster BA it was no contest...the blue hands against white dial create enough contrast... and look gorgeous. But sometimes I feel white dial watches are too stealthy and pale.

Indeed- That is one thing about the white dial Daytona that I dislike; the hands blend in too much with the dial. Sometimes, I find that I have to really get a good look at the watch to tell the time. Not that it bothers me... I could look at this dial all day long, and most times I'm not concerned about the time anyways :)

Perhaps the new white dial 116520 Daytonas are easier to read with the fat hands?

I must say... The one thing that I dislike about the gloss black Rolex dials with sapphire crystals is the way the markers reflect off the crystal, and back onto the dial and so on. Makes the dial and crystal look dirty in my opinion. The white dial really cuts down on that effect. Plus, I find that white dials are very pleasing to the eye aesthetically. I'm sure you know what I mean when you look at your Broad Arrow :)

Indeed- That is one thing about the white dial Daytona that I dislike; the hands blend in too much with the dial.

Plus, I find that white dials are very pleasing to the eye aesthetically. I'm sure you know what I mean when you look at your Broad Arrow :)

Indeed. When you put dark hands into a white dial watch it makes a difference. Cuts down the "blending" effect. But it's still quite understated. Generally, I'm not a huge fan of white dial watches... but I guess you have to own at least one. :)

171013-9664.jpg

@xwoodbutch: Actually, yours is the Broad Arrow. Mine is partly hybrid, part rep of the older no-date Speedmaster with BA hands and acrylic bulged crystal. :)

171024-9661.jpg

PS: Your BA is a gorgeous watch. :wub:

here my new breitling navitimer two tone with a iwc strap because the ss bracelet arrived broken to me and i have to wait until the dealer sends a new one. But looks also good with the iwc strap,or not?? :-)

Sorry for the blurry pic, but i only have my mobile cam here right now.

post-2923-1166598962_thumb.jpg

Guest chronomat123
@xwoodbutch: Actually, yours is the Broad Arrow. Mine is partly hybrid, part rep of the older no-date Speedmaster with BA hands and acrylic bulged crystal. :)

171065-9655.jpg

PS: Your BA is a gorgeous watch. :wub:

Same here, sort of. I'm wearing the genuine but in SS, not 18k. I'd kill for the 18k. By the way, ByTor, this model with the black dial and broadarrow hands is called the "1957 Speedmaster Reissue."

171065-9656.jpg

171065-9657.jpg

Watch change:

I received my outstanding black Omega GMT from Wackobirdkeeper today. What a fantastic watch for $95!!! Note that the crown isn't properly screwed in on the photo... it screws down just as deep as the gen. :)

Camera phone crap photo:

171236-9600.jpg