When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam Black Seal for the win.

kernow

Well, it had to happen at some point: one of my watches being noticed and even commented on. Usually most people are blind to what's on your wrist. Well, not today..........

I'm in the process of trying to change jobs. I had an interview arranged for this afternoon, with the MD of a company who were looking to create a new position - and my CV fitted very well.

I walked in, took a seat when invited and started with the chit-chat. Very quickly I noticed that the interviewer was wearing what looked like a SD Pro Hunter. Oh no, I'm wearing a rep Pam, hope he doesn't notice I thought, and within a second he mentioned my watch. A polite thank you, I'm a collector too, let's talk watches next time if that's okay with you and we moved on to the business in hand. Not sure what impressed him the most, but I've been invited back to meet the board next week. :)

• Like 1

Good to hear that!

You know, the "which watch to wear" in a work interview is one of my problem: they are normally quite careful about your behaviour, dress code etc, so that count too.

As a clerk that gets something like 45k$ annual salary (with damned 48% taxes on them!), which is even considered a good one here, I obviously can't go there with a 10k$ watch on my wrist (6 months gain: no way!).

So last time I put an Hamilton Ventura, but it didn't bring luck. Tomorrow I'll have another interview (for an IT PM job in a WELL known luxury clothes brand).

I am wandering what to put...

Most probably I will use this one: still very nice and affordable even for me.

What do you think?

ce406e37b80ef10d581c6a3dfe1ef522.jpg

LOL!!!   You think we have it different here in the USA?   Take a few minutes, sit down and add up all the various taxes and fees that you pay for everything......

Income Tax - FED/State/Local

Excise Tax

Property Tax

Sales Tax

Utility Taxes

Fees for everything

etc.

etc.

etc.

Add them all up and you'll easily exceed that 48% number......   Our government just does it "smarter" so that we don't grasp how much we pay in taxes!    :bangin:

Wait,wait,wait....you get taxed at a rate of 48%?!?!?!?
So, basically, you make nothin per year? Well, ok, just above 25, .
!

Dont Wine guys i pay close to 52%

And also happen to be in the most expensive country to live in everything almost we buy we pay 25% taxes on everything we buy lets take cars we pay 180% on top of the value so if we buy a car just a normal family car we could buy 2 cars more almost everywhere in the World tell me how that sucks but okay we Got free healthcare....

Wait,wait,wait....you get taxed at a rate of 48%?!?!?!?

So, basically, you make nothin per year? Well, ok, just above 25, .

!

That's the results of corruption, crazy politicians and (partially) welfare state.

The rest of Eu is around 40%

Dont Wine guys i pay close to 52%

And also happen to be in the most expensive country to live in everything almost we buy we pay 25% taxes on everything we buy lets take cars we pay 180% on top of the value so if we buy a car just a normal family car we could buy 2 cars more almost everywhere in the World tell me how that sucks but okay we Got free healthcare....

At least you have good services :( Here the public employees (for sure the well rewarded ones) are all friend of a friend who has someone is some political party... And often they are totally incapable and unwilling to do their tasks. Just purè madness.

Yeah true we Got great services didnt Think it was that bad In italy accept all The corruption there have been lately sadly

Im just looking forward to moving to Dubai In some years time where The tax Well lets just say its very good ;)

Im going to chime in as well..

I live in Finland, which is regarded as the most expensive country in EU after Norway. Sadly,our income level is not really up to the level of Norway..

The taxation in Nordic countries is unbeliavebly high, thid is mainly to have all the good healthcare systems, free education etc.

So while I am sometimes angry on paying approx 36% taxes out of salary alone, Im always try to remember that I have highest achievable degred in engineering with only 3400 € in student loans (i did work almost full time while studying for 5+ years) and nice work, family,healthy children and beautiful house with car and a motorbike parked outside..

Cheers!