When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Silix Vs. Perfect Clones 45mm Po

fotoman

i have noticed since i got back that silix is offering the PO for 150$ plus shipping since this is a signifigant discount over the Josh/ trusty version i thought it demanded review. Silix's watch is from a different manufacturer, and has a few differences that i can see. I'm not sure if they are meaningful or not. Here is what i found - comments welcomed

Hands

Silix hands are shorter than Josh. But using josh's photos, compared to the gen his hands are slightly long the gen is in the middle and silix is slightly short - all within the margin of error i think

Bezel

Josh's numbering seems better placed, silix's 40 looks to close to the bezel edge. Silix is also missing the orange outline around the triangle. However, the pearl is straight and more filled - maybe slightly over filled but closer to the gen i think.

Case thickness - looks to be about the same

fonts

different fonts on the helium valve and on the back clasp.

Comments - these watches are very similiar - in fact the type of detail were talking about is so rediculously small i can't believe i have obsessed over it this much. I am not however a omega expert. - in advising my brother in law on which one to get, i'm leaning silix at the moment because of price.

here are the pictures photoshoped together for comparison

hands

171429-9509.jpg

fonts 171429-9510.jpg 171429-9511.jpg

thickness 171429-9512.jpg

171429-9513.jpg

pearl

171429-9514.jpg

The biggest difference I can see is the thickness of the orange on the bezel, the date font looks a little different, but you'd really have to be looking to tell.

to me the silver part of the bezel looks the same on both, but they both look different then the gen which has a little more orange.

hadn't noticed that about the logo - good catch

To me the weakest aspect of the Silix latest PO is the pearl. It looks exactly the same as the (too fat and proud) pearl we first saw on the 45mm Asian PO way way back in March, which remained unchanged until the Seamaster Chrono appeared with something almost identical to genuine which the 'ultimate' PO adopted shortly afterwards.

It was the deal killer for me, and I bought elsewhere, although I suspect the pictures published by Silix currently are not of their latest product....

That is not the ultimate 6th gen version that silix has. The 6th gen is coming from the same manufacture at the moment.

If you look around a lot of other dealers are able to source this watch for you.

I didn't get my ultimate from josh or trusty but....believe me it is the exact same one they are selling.

171478-9492.jpg

I believe Silix's version of the PO 45mm is the 5th version. This is the same version that Josh and others had as well - oversized Omega logo & horrible pearl (sometimes misaligned) to name a few. I do not believe, last time I checked, that Silix has the 6th version on their site. Keep in mind that Silix version is a 2836 and the 6th version is a 2824 movement.

Hope that helps.

Just to straiten a few things out.

1. Silix has NOT been able to procure the same version as josh and trusty and from best I understand he will not be getting it.

2. These are silix's latest photos he posted them in his section of the forum and emailed me some as well.

3. This is available in both 2836 and 2824

However silix says case size is the same.

Hi Phoband,

If you have some pictures of the latest version from silix would you mind sharing with us.

I also have the feeling that he didn't change his photo's on his website.

thx

btw: I have one on the way to my houe and will post pictures when I have them

the photos at the top of this thread and the photos in his dealer section are of the new, as of a few days ago, PO version. one of the ones on his site, the one that does not have the photos to be updated soon, also has the new photos.

I just got an orange 45 PO from Silix and the pearl fell out after three or four wears. If that helps anyone here.

Sidenote: what would be the best source for a replacement pearl/bezel insert for said 45 PO?

did you try contacting silix about it? I would usually contact the dealer if something like that happened after only 3 or 4 wears