When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mare Nostrum.

rmcsherry

I know it's an acquired taste, but how difficult would it be to rep the Mare? The blueprints are already on the net (for the reissue, IIRC they were all Slytech's) - which is always a nice start. What movement could be used? A Venus / Lemania seems the most probable option - but on the plus side, the original Angelus 215 movement can be had for little money (if you buy a rebranded one from a generic forties watch) - so there is the potential for a pretty amazing vintage project, if only the factories would make the case!

171451-9495.jpg

EDIT: Apparently the Reissue uses an ETA 2801-2 which can be had for peanuts. Bonus!

The second Jay project sounds interesting, it certainly gets my vote! The reason I posted it is that there are very few watches like this around - it's got a hint of Speedmaster in there, but is much more unique and will certainly grab peoples attention. If Jay's Third project will run to $108,000, are we allowed a 203 as well?!

I'll supply the movement, dial and Fiddy case if he put's in the hard work! ;)

.. seriously though Jay is now more into finding new releases,.. verses perfecting current ones...

Speaking of,..The Mare would be perfect imo, though we need to see just how many people

don't agree,...Does anyone know how popular or not, the gen is ? :g:

.. seriously though Jay is now more into finding new releases,.. verses perfecting current ones...

Speaking of,..The Mare would be perfect imo, though we need to see just how many people

don't agree,...Does anyone know how popular or not, the gen is ? :g:

Check here one of my previous posts:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...hl=mare+nostrum

I have seen the Mare Nostrum. What a classic look. I'd be in for one.

thanks for bringing it up. I've often wondered why nobody mentions it.

I've mentioned it many time.. TwoTone mentioned it even more times and all the reactions we get is that it resembles a Swatch :blink:

If you supply the model,.. i'm sure he would be most happy to... :D

For a run that size, and since undoubtedly Jay would be willing to split the profits w/ the person who supplied the watch, that would be sorely tempting.......I suspect if he sells out a 10k run he'll be buying an Abay-like Yacht, and won't need little ol' us to buy his gens to copy....

I know it's an acquired taste, but how difficult would it be to rep the Mare? The blueprints are already on the net (for the reissue, IIRC they were all Slytech's) - which is always a nice start. What movement could be used? A Venus / Lemania seems the most probable option - but on the plus side, the original Angelus 215 movement can be had for little money (if you buy a rebranded one from a generic forties watch) - so there is the potential for a pretty amazing vintage project, if only the factories would make the case!

You mean this one...

171614-9414.jpg