When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pre-v pvd run - interest?

ogladio

Hi guys,

So, I have been terrorizing rolli for many months now about starting up another pvd run so I can complete my 202/a project. As most of you know, the previous batch was of superior quality compared to anything else out there.

What has happened since last run is that the pvd company has been sold to a new owner 2 years ago. Consequence is new (unknown) prices yet and MOQ of 3-4 pieces (single runs not possible).

Which brings me to the point - could there be at least 3 other members here that could also be interested in hi-end pvd coating? Reply in this thread in that case. If/when we reach MOQ, I'll ask rolli to get price claim from the factory and then pm you interested.

For pics, see this fitch thread: http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/176656-pam-pre-v-202a-photoshoot/

Note - can't give any cost ballpark whatsoever here, but please understand that it will be very expensive and probably only for the crazy people here that have already bought rolli dials, w0lf cases or the like. Or maybe someone who'd just like to pimp their Getat case... :)

I kindly also ask everyone to keep it civil here. If you don't like expensive services for rep parts or you don't like the guy offering this service or if you prefer Vacor pvd, perfectly fine - but no need of writing about it here B)

note:

all preV, preA or A/B typical case modifications are not included.

the typical modifications must be made by the case owner.

case must be disassembled in single parts.

Note:  I'll take it only in single parts  !!!!!!!!!!!!

crown-guard Lever Pin must be pressed in,

remove the sappohire  and all gaskets

the bezel must be also disessambled.

for a pvd oem crown i would recommend to buy a pvd oem crown with double o-ring on the crown neck from davidsen.

single parts list,

1.)  mid case with screwed  crown-guard screws,

2.)  bezel

3.)  Crown-Guard with pressed in Pin

4.)  lever,

5.)   2x long lug-horn screws,  or 2 preV double screw bars,

that are the single parts.

note:  make on each single part an owner typical marking on the underside, that we can see which single part belongs to which case and owner  !!!!!!!!!

note:  otherwise after coating we cannot see which part belongs to which case !!!!

Thank you for your attention

regards

rolli

I guess this 111J V2 model have been sold out.

For cases that are still pretty easy to find... I have to say that the NOOB N Series V3 is the best. I honestly think the 111M is the best option I have ever seen based on the sample that I reahaped for my 201/A build. The lugs were perfect straight out of the box with no modification

Reshape%20Polish.jpg

Reshape%20Polish2.jpg

Reshape%20Strap%20Notch.jpg

Case%20Profile.jpg

Case%20Profile%202.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, am I too late to be added to the list for a pvd coating? who's coordinating this..? (who can I contact..?) I have a spare case that can use an upgrade :)

Hi there fitch! (and others potentially interested)

Unfortunately it looks as if this project is cancelled - or at least that it's been put on hold for a substantial amount of time. Reason being that rolli is very tied up with all his other projects that has higher prioritization atm (dials and cases). We did not even get as far as a price quote...

Must apologize for not being much of a communicator or coordinator on this, in the end I'm just a desperate guy looking for a great pvd coating to finish off a grail project of mine (202/a). I cross my fingers that opportunity shows up later to do a later pvd run, but will let rolli get back to me when that might be. Again, sorry if expectations were raised for nothing! Very much appreciated if anyone else has a plan B in mind :good:

Hi there fitch! (and others potentially interested)

Unfortunately it looks as if this project is cancelled - or at least that it's been put on hold for a substantial amount of time. Reason being that rolli is very tied up with all his other projects that has higher prioritization atm (dials and cases). We did not even get as far as a price quote...

Must apologize for not being much of a communicator or coordinator on this, in the end I'm just a desperate guy looking for a great pvd coating to finish off a grail project of mine (202/a). I cross my fingers that opportunity shows up later to do a later pvd run, but will let rolli get back to me when that might be. Again, sorry if expectations were raised for nothing! Very much appreciated if anyone else has a plan B in mind :good:

considering the gen I have seen or hold in hand they look more like my guns and what we call bronzing aspect than like real pvd as in other watches in fact. Considering that at that time (1993) panerai was an army provider this always make me think that maybe solution is there 

ogladio makes the communication regarding the pvd coating company

i help him when it is necessary

please contact him about how many members want to have this pvd coating, he will talk with this company.

regards

rolli

Yes guys, me and rolli just had a couple of longer conversations on the phone. Project back up running, I'll try and help as much with the practicalities as I can. Will be rollis secretary more or less to lighten the burden on him, so he can focus on the technical parts.

A couple of you already have PMs, rest will be out shortly with private update.

If you just saw this and wish to join, please send me a PM asap!

Any opinions on the best Pre-A parts? case set, crown, cg? I've been out of it for a long time but I'm thinking about one last Pre-A 009.

everyone must take care of its own interests,  

modding , single parts etc etc.

only the PVD coating service is offered

rolli

Any opinions on the best Pre-A parts? case set, crown, cg? I've been out of it for a long time but I'm thinking about one last Pre-A 009.

JF would be the best but that will be hard to find, a good alternative is H-factory v1.0 or v1.5, latest colorless saphire from DSN, DSN pvd crown & tube, jacob custom caseback, sead cg and I think that's about it..?

JF would be the best but that will be hard to find, a good alternative is H-factory v1.0 or v1.5, latest colorless saphire from DSN, T-crown if you can still find one, jacob custom caseback, sead cg and I think that's about it..?

+1, the op6500 is tricky to do justice as the JF/old 111F seldom or never show up.

@Grimlocktime has offered reshaping service to members interested in this project. I'd recommend sending him a pm if you have a case candidate but maybe feel unsure if there's enough metal/meat on the midcase to shape from. Regarding crown, I would from a lazy perspective strongly recommend everyone just using latest pvd crown from DSN - would simplify the process with our factory.

Only considering readily available parts -

Case set: H Factory V1 or KW is the best.  Either version has a more correct lugshape for the 6502 than the noob.

Crown/Tube: DSN Pre-V, is the absolute best besides gen.  It has gotten even better recently with a improved level of surface finish and polish.

CG: Sead is a direct fit to H factory cases.  but Fu, Eddie Lee or Honpo modded with a Sead lever are the best ever made.

Crystal: DSN new high grade crystal, almost gen like clarity

Caseback: certain versions of DSN have the most accurate engravings available, even better than Jakob. 

Edited by Grimlocktime

So i still have an old case that i used for pre-v prior to w0lf's cases but i decided to take a risk and modify my old case to pre-v specs and after some intensive days of grinding, sanding, polishing (and this over and over again) i am starting to feel kind of proud as to how it is turning out to be :) i wanted to share with you the current status (the black which remains visible on some parts is a leftover from an earlier pvd coating) and hope to receive some constructive comments :)

e4c83b2fb67ccef09907606cf0c4f458.jpg

841964419ebf947781d63c5ce275104e.jpg

ad872b0f98d4003eb53c6871e76fe0a3.jpg

ab673955fbab8b8c1e55c19565b3b00b.jpg

c189300f6d63208c8d732721c3383f50.jpg

8cedb92f0e82a1d65d063255f8e91d0d.jpg

e527258103754c498ad47f10df65c080.jpg

b73c691f1da41e8eb8e0701aa803eec3.jpg

bc03f0ce51bcbe4faaaba853959221d1.jpg