When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Difficulty getting WSO 580 ends to fit

Mendota Explorer

You must be trolling...

Doesn't hurt a thing?

I do a lot of Judo Chops when I'm walking around and the only thing that is keeping my $7000 watch from kissing the pavement is the springbars...

LOL, Judo Chops while walking around....I cannot believe you called Matt a troll.  That is no troll that is Mymanmatt

When you bend the top down, you have to make sure the bottom tabs are still flush against the underside of the case.. You can wrap pliers with electrical tape and then gently squeeze the top and bottom of the endlinks together.  But remove the bracelet first and only attached the endlinks to the case.  anyhow, good luck.  

I'll keep at it.  I'll also read that thread you guys shared.  I'm sure it has great tips that are directly applicable to my situation.  

Out of curiosity, do gen end pieces also present issues for gen watches or do they all just magically fit together? That's the image I have in my head, at least. :)

Edited by Mendota Explorer

LOL, wow.  So even gens need to be finessed and fiddled with to get everything to line up correctly, and the name of the game is to simply get the springbars into the lug holes.  I had no idea.  I guess the introduction of the SEL for modern pieces really changed the game in terms of how things all fit together aesthetically going forward.

I am SO glad I'm not the only one who is driven crazy by this end link fitting business lol. I'm a big fan of fitting different straps to my Rollie's and getting bracelets back on just right is such a pain in this [censored].

Matt's recommended method has worked for a bunch of my pieces pretty well so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've read comments from members on the other forums over the last week who have all said they are having the same issues with the latest WSO 580 endlinks being garbage.  I wonder if he got a bad batch in?  I'm kind of glad that I am not the only one experiencing this right now, but it ticks me off that all of these other people got bad sets, too.  It makes me think that a replacement set is going to be the same way.   :g:

That makes more sense.  Maybe a bad batch.  Let me look when I get home and see if I have any extra sets from an old batch that I have already tested on a watch.  If I do, I will send them to you. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Quick update fellas.  Oh, the joys of replica parts.  I received a replacement set of 580s from WSO and they were the exact same way as my first set.  Since my first set already had one of the little rings snap out I decided, what the hell, I might as well snap all of them out and give it a try.  Can't hurt.  Sure enough, now they fit just fine with my fat bars but I have a new problem.  They rattle like hell because those little loops are no longer there to hold them tightly into position.

Any suggestions on what I can stuff inside there to keep them from sounding like miniature rattle snakes on my wrist?  I am going to try closing up the clam shell a little bit to get them back into the original shape. Maybe that will help a bit.  Can I stuff a wadding of cotton or something in there, too, to absorb some of the free play and to muffle the sound?