When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Aquatimer Chronograph Cousteau Divers

lfovco

I just looked at the IWC Aquatimer Chronograph Cousteau Divers in PureTime's Coming soon section. I'm psyched this rep is coming out since I really, really like that model and was kind of scoping gen "non Cousteau" model. I really hope there will be a swiss movt (7750) version of this model. I attached a shot from PureTime's post as well as a picture of a gen as a head-to-head comparison.

How many of you would be interested in a Swiss movt version of it? Maybe we can request it, group buy or something?

thanks,

:-)

post-851-1166823535_thumb.jpg

I just looked at the IWC Aquatimer Chronograph Cousteau Divers in PureTime's Coming soon section. I'm psyched this rep is coming out since I really, really like that model and was kind of scoping gen "non Cousteau" model. I really hope there will be a swiss movt (7750) version of this model.

I think this isn't as globally appealing as the regular Aquatimer Chrono, but it's still nice. I seem to remember Angus saying that ETA 7750 versions would be possible but you'd need to trawl the thread on TRC to check.

That's a good point. The regular Aquatimer Chrono with SS bracelet is the one I would get rather then Cousteau with a rubber band, but if the rep is not made I'd settle for the Cousteau. Although I was seriously thinking of getting gen regular Aquatimer Chrono with SS bracelet.

Although I was seriously thinking of getting gen regular Aquatimer Chrono with SS bracelet.

Yeah, me too. It's that good. I'd prefer one in titanium, but they discontinued that model.

However, vote for the Aquatimer Chrono (click here) in the RT Polls and you may well get the SS and rubber replicas available early next year. :Jumpy:

I just looked at the IWC Aquatimer Chronograph Cousteau Divers in PureTime's Coming soon section. I'm psyched this rep is coming out since I really, really like that model and was kind of scoping gen "non Cousteau" model. I really hope there will be a swiss movt (7750) version of this model. I attached a shot from PureTime's post as well as a picture of a gen as a head-to-head comparison.

How many of you would be interested in a Swiss movt version of it? Maybe we can request it, group buy or something?

thanks,

:-)

Are you prepared for a "deep blue" dial and "deep blue" rubber band ???

That's the only genuine combo that really exists.

I also thing the std Aqua Chrono is better.

On the Swiss Versions the problem I have found is that there is often a disconnect between the pricing of the Asian and the Swiss version. Usually the price difference is $400 or more when the movement is $200-250 so I have always elected to buy the movement on my own and have Ziggy install it. It is far cheaper and he can make sure that it is properly oiled and running properly. In general I have found that independent movements from reputable sellers are fully serviced. And yes if they get it right the rep will be a must have. :)

Pug-

Good point. What I can never figure out is which "new" 7750's have the same size posts and which don't.

Gen hands will obviously work, but if straps are $250 God only knows how expensive gen hands are....and how hard to get.

I like that they're doing the Cousteau. The rarer the model, the less likely some weaselous WIS you run into is going to be able to point out a bunch of flaws. I do think the wood inlaid w/ finely cut metal on the back is going to test the repmakers attention to detail, which in the past has been a recipe for trouble.

Also, let's face it: Lots of people feel that IWC's are the horological equivalent of Tylenol PM. At least the Cousteau has a few uncharacteristically interesting design features.

Usually the price difference is $400 or more when the movement is $200-250 so I have always elected to buy the movement on my own and have The Zigmeister install it. It is far cheaper and he can make sure that it is properly oiled and running properly. In general I have found that independent movements from reputable sellers are fully serviced. And yes if they get it right the rep will be a must have. :)

That's a great idea. I have to look into that. For now I guess just wait and see how good the Auqatimer is going to be.

Guys, I literally just got back from an AD and tried on the Cousteau...damn, what a beautiful piece!!!

I like the regular GST as well, but this limited Cousteau is quite unique (calypso wood caseback as well) and the rubber strap looks great on it.

I tried all Auquatimer models as well, really like the look and feel. I only have 3 PAM's and 1 Omega and I'm looking into different watches then PAM's that I pretty much wear all the time.

Cousteau looks really cool, it would be a nice rep to get since gen is way too expensive.

I'd wait to see how good the rep is going to be.

• 3 weeks later...

If the rep is 1:1 like the HBB (meaning it will fit gen parts !) then in principle you could buy a gen steel bracelet (maybe too expensive !!) or maybe the rep Ingy steel bracelet fits ???

Anyway, here are a couple of pics for you us to hold us over till its here...and a teaser pic at the end showing another beauty we would all die for, wouldnt we ?

183152-6680.jpg

183152-6681.jpg

183152-6682.jpg

183152-6683.jpg

183152-6684.jpg

183152-6685.jpg

MASSIVE-TEASER :whistling:

183152-6686.jpg

I had the opportunity to examine the genuine.. I went to a wedding a guy has noticed my 112 and he was wearing the IWC cousteau.

I have to say that it is a very nice watch and as big as it should be.

The orange letters and the dark blue dial really do a difference then the boring black dial Aquatimer.

I didn't liked that much the blue rubber (i would prefer it to be black) but this is the second non-Panerai rep in my list to buy (after the Big Bang)

Accidental snap of his wrist (I have cropped the groom and the bride :p )

183196-6676.jpg