When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Posting Prices

KB

I am most likely to purchase a product if I immediately see the price tag.

I see it, I like it, here's the price tag --- consider it sold.

I am least likely to buy from a dealer that does not post prices.

Yep, I'm the same way. I've never bought a watch without the price being posted. I don't have the patience to wait 24 hours to find out how much.

Also, if the rules were set when TTK and the dealers anted up, then it's certainly fair to enforce those rules.

I don't think its too much to ask that pricing be transparent, in exchange for access to this buyer community (built around preventing people from getting scammed)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post prices.

Most want to see a posted price.

Rules say post a price.

How hard is this? :cc_confused:

If there is better price for good old customers, that is fine, too. At least we know "base" price.

MSRP on fake watch? And you believe that? Who you trust now? :thumbdown:

What is question again? :bye1:

ADDED: @ edge... Nice to see best girl avatar again.

Edited by sailadams

Reasons not to post prices could be:
  1. the Dealer is hiding something, or
  2. the Dealer is embarrassed about his high prices.

And ... They want you to email them so you're into a dialogue and will feel you've already invested time in the deal and made your mind up, so you're probably going to pay. It's a standard sales technique whereby you get people into the shop, and once they're in, they'll think it's not worth their effort leaving to get a cheaper price.

With due respect to Neil, yes, it would be nice if everyone posted prices and we had a level playing field. For various reasons, and, after lots of encouragement, various dealers still do not post prices or do sometimes. This is a free market enterprise. If posting prices are mandated (??), and dealers decide to move to the other boards rather than comply, we haven't lost anything. We can just go to the other boards and buy. If the objective of this forum is to encourage on site sales, then why not leave well enough alone and let the market decide. buyers can say, "no prices, no sale".

It's really the buyers decision and posting prices should be encouraged and shouldn't be mandated.

That's free enterprise.

NO PRICES NO SALE!

It's a hassle to PM or e-mail through and fro! I like the Silixprime and Aspire sites...pics with price!

Welllllll... eddielee still have only "off forum price" and please pm for best forum price :angry:

which is not an honest price (sorry eddie) :thumbdown:

only when you post ON FORUM PRICE will it be ON FORUM PRICE :winkiss:

How hard is this?

Really?

To all other wonderful dealers (which EL is also (a wonderful dealer, that is) but not so much just now), thank you, thank you, thank you. :clap::clap::clap::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap::clap::clap:

Edited by sailadams

Yes, I do agree all the dealers to post their prices.

I have PMed/emailed many questions about prices and details of watches to different dealers, but only few of the deals had gone through deu to variety reasons. The thing is, if I have asked one dealer questions but didn't make the purchase, I would not ask the same dealer for long time.

Maybe that's just me, I don't want any of the dealer who I have asked think I was only ask for fun or other reason and I know dealers have to spend a lot of time to answer PMs and emails, I don't want to waste their precious time, either.

If the price is there and the "Buy" button is also there, that would save both buyers and sellers a great time and make the buying process a lot quicker. If buyers do have questions about the watch, just either PM or email the sellers.

So, why not save the time for dealers to process their orders instead of answering PMs and emails.

See, easy. Uh? :yeah:

Welllllll... eddielee still have only "off forum price" and please pm for best forum price :angry:

which is not an honest price (sorry eddie) :thumbdown:

only when you post ON FORUM PRICE will it be ON FORUM PRICE :winkiss:

How hard is this?

Really?

To all other wonderful dealers (which EL is also (a wonderful dealer, that is) but not so much just now), thank you, thank you, thank you. :clap::clap::clap::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap::clap::clap:

(You make, I think (at least, I'm pretty sure you do (make one, that is)) an excellent point.)

Simple solution.

All buyers post the name of the watch they got, the price they paid, and the dealer.

That way everyone will know what prices to expect, and in time, dealers will not be able to charge high prices to some and lower prices to others, and may eventually post their asking price. I can understand discounts on getting multiple watches though. :thumbsupsmileyanim: