When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6263 Cartel Build Information

Theknowledge

Hello All,

Normally I am more active on the AP side of the forum, however I decided this time I would try my hand at doing a custom build. However it is not as easy as I had anticipated. So I would like some help if possible?!

I believe the cheapest way to make a custom build is to get a cartel 6263 and then get a Gen dial. Now here is my problem. I bought a Gen dial, however i believe the dial is the wrong dial for the case I have, also I am based in Europe who should I talk to about having the dial inserted?

Also Should the techie bezel be Black or silver with the dial I have here?

Many Thanks

TK

post-31308-0-61774500-1437999313_thumb.j

post-31308-0-40577100-1437999328_thumb.j

post-31308-0-35767300-1437999341_thumb.j

Well, I don't know if you want the bad news now, or later, but that's not a gen dial. It actually looks like one of the dials from the eBay seller in India.

As for making it fit, you have to move the pinion/hand for the hour counter. There are plenty of posts on how to do it. Start here:

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/136033-modding-the-cartel-vintage-daytonas-for-proper-sub-dial-spacing/

I'm sorry to say that dial is definitely not real. For a start the sub dial numbers should cross the sub circles not on it entirely.

Also the cartel will not work with a gen dial due to the sub dial hand at 6 not being on the right position.

I think the best bang for your buck would be to buy a DW where the dial is wrong but the chrono works and it won't break the bank.

I'm sorry to say that dial is definitely not real. For a start the sub dial numbers should cross the sub circles not on it entirely.

Also the cartel will not work with a gen dial due to the sub dial hand at 6 not being on the right position.

I think the best bang for your buck would be to buy a DW where the dial is wrong but the chrono works and it won't break the bank.

The cartel Daytona will work with just fine with a v72 (or gen) dial. You just have to move the already frozen hour counter subdial hand to the proper position. It's a realtively easy job as pictured in my link above.

If someone is OK with the incorrect dial spacing, then buying the cartel Daytona is no worse an option than the DW, and you can actually find one now. It's also less expensive than the DW.

The cartel Daytona will work with just fine with a v72 (or gen) dial. You just have to move the already frozen hour counter subdial hand to the proper position. It's a realtively easy job as pictured in my link above.

If someone is OK with the incorrect dial spacing, then buying the cartel Daytona is no worse an option than the DW, and you can actually find one now. It's also less expensive than the DW.

Interesting, so the cartel case fits a V72 with no mods needed?