When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What kind of 3M double tape ?

themannier

Hi mates !

I know that it's better to use a double tape adhesive for a ceramic insert, because with some glue, hypo cement for example, you won't get the perfect height inside the bezel.

Do you know what kind of 3M double tape do they use at the NOOB factory to stick a ceramic insert ?

I thought this one could be fine maybe .....http://www.ebay.com/itm/3M-300LSE-467MP-DOUBLE-SIDED-INDUSTRIAL-ADHESIVE-TAPE-CRAFTS-CARDS-LCD-DIGITIZER-/181832110704?hash=item2a5609d270

Thanks in advance !

The key as you know is the thickness.... I would double check that in that sale..

I used a double sided 3M roll which is almost same thickness slightly less as a quality sellotape so I had no height sitting issues... most inserts sit angled to the face of the bezel so the area to be taped is minimal in surface area terms.. I got that from a stationery store.. as I could be sure of the thickness before buying..

However most of the newer reps I have found that the bezel inserts push fit quite nicely even when upgrading to gen insert so with those its half a job already.. I have worn a few without any tape (while I was deciding on whether to fix in a more durable manner..

The key as you know is the thickness.... I would double check that in that sale..

I used a double sided 3M roll which is almost same thickness slightly less as a quality sellotape so I had no height sitting issues... most inserts sit angled to the face of the bezel so the area to be taped is minimal in surface area terms.. I got that from a stationery store.. as I could be sure of the thickness before buying..

However most of the newer reps I have found that the bezel inserts push fit quite nicely even when upgrading to gen insert so with those its half a job already.. I have worn a few without any tape (while I was deciding on whether to fix in a more durable manner..

Pete you always have the most helpful and detailed advice to dispense when it suits you to be around. :)

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

Pete you always have the most helpful and detailed advice to dispense when it suits you to be around. :)

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

+1

Well said Legend. 

Pete, I hope you stay around. When I was a new here you took the time to guide me with some issues I had. It's a pleasure to read your posts.