When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Time for me to introduce myself too...

hologramet

So, since I feel that this forum might be a place for me to reside, I felt that I should take the time to introduce myself...

How does one start? What makes up a person? Age? Line of work? Interests? Don't think so. I'll start by saying that life could have gone very bad for me, but somehow I overcame. As a young adult I was struck by the disease that Queen described the best in "I Want It All". I wanted everything. I was the center of the world. Everything that stood in my way was a challange that I should conquer, just because that might lead to happiness. From the outside I guess that I was successful. But on the inside I felt empty. I had a high paid job in mechanical engineering. I had all the "stuff". I had the looks and the chicks. Yeah, I know... Either you loved me or you hated me, but I guess I was a douchebag.

Then I got really sick and almost died. Long story. It was an awakening. Not in the spiritual/religious way. But I decided to try to be a better person. I understood that the only thing we leave behind is eventually helping ones peers to realise their full potential. I wanted to be a good future husband, father, man. I redid my education and before finishing my M.D. I also met the love of my life.

I am now a must humble person. I know that people that try to describe themselves as humble, or feeling the need to convince their peers of that fact tend to be the opposite. I've learned the difference between doing something because you love it or doing it because of fear of the opposite.

So what do I love? My wife is my family and she is always no. 1. Thereafter we have work and working out. I try to find a good balance between the two. Physical and psychical challanges are of great importance. And last we have the hobbies. As time is scarce I could sum it up to, Hi-fi (mostly headphone amplifiers and modded headphones, that's where my DIY-interest started); Cigars (although I've reduced my collection of cigars from >1000 to a handful of boxes); Cars; and last but not least small gadgets, e.g. watches.

My watch interest started with an Omega Constellation (gen). I received it as a gift from loved ones. Since I wanted something more sportier I purchased a lousy 21J Daytona in full Rose Gold (hahaha...). Then we had a burglary and a lot of stuff, headphone-related and all jewelry disappeared. This was 2 years ago. I got [censored] and decided to never purchase anything that expensive again. Shortly after I purchased a UN Maxi Diver. Feeling that it was a bit bulky last summer I bought a Sub-C Hulk, that actually arrived DOA and Micky repaired. Then little by little the interest (mainly Oyster-Rolexes) evolved. Now suddenly I find myself in the process of building a Tempus Machina rep, and I love it.

I hope to receive and to give to this forum. VIP felt like something quite important since I was so well received here. No hostility, but patience friendliness. My kind of place.

So that's me... Questions? :)

Cheers from Sweden,

holo

• Like 1

I know this is an old post and don't plan on resurrecting the thread, but I just wanted to tell you that I can relate to you on many levels.

I see you've been here for now almost 3 years! time keeps passing by so fast!  

What can I say, I joined yesterday after months of passive reading "i.e a lurker" but I too learnt the distinction between BEING vs Having.

Thanks for the story, hope your health is well now.