When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1016 Space Dweller Build

playboycaviar

Beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I wish I could take more credit, JMB really came through with a beautiful case and t21 dome. That sells it.

Looks nice man.. I like it. 

Man those vintage pieces are growing on me more and more.....

Thanks! The great thing about a 1016 on a NATO is to the average eye it looks like a Timex, but anyone who looks closely can see how beautiful they are. I can't recommend JMB enough. His cases are unrivaled.

Does the dial have a blemish on it?

Indeed! That was negligence on my part; I accidentally let the adhesive I was using to attach the dial to the spacer seep through; but if anything it adds a touch of realistic aging. When I receive the new hands for this I plan on giving the dial a light patina anyways, so it should blend in. Good eye, though!

I always liked the ingod44 Space Dweller dial the best, but he appears to be gone now, so Yuli's is the best current option. If I had my Explorer to do over again, I'd use a JMB case instead of the gen 16014 case I did use. He does great work, and it's an amazing offering for anyone that wants to build an Explorer.

If you are going to swap hands, go with TC's. Also I'd get the dial re-limed to match when you do.

• Like 1

I always liked the ingod44 Space Dweller dial the best, but he appears to be gone now, so Yuli's is the best current option. If I had my Explorer to do over again, I'd use a JMB case instead of the gen 16014 case I did use. He does great work, and it's an amazing offering for anyone that wants to build an Explorer.

If you are going to swap hands, go with TC's. Also I'd get the dial re-limed to match when you do.

I was definitely looking for the ingod dial but it was nowhere to be found unfortunately. JMB's cases are real showpieces; I love the T21 superdome; the guy is just a real pro and the price is fantastic. 

Thanks for the tips with the hands, I ordered the 2824-2 h4 movement from TC, but did not look at his selection of hands.

Could you please provide a little more detail as far as what you mean for "re-liming?" 

Thanks a lot!

Lookin' good, R!  I personally use the hands Yuki supplies with the dials as the lume has always been a perfect match.

Thanks, J! It's all about the case! You make it easy, man. Good advice on the Yuki hands, I'll dig up the box later. 

I am about to build 2 more 1016's with your cases, and can't wait to post the results here.