When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Gmt - With Black Rubber Strap

triplehd

As many GMT owners are aware, the bracelet for this watch isn't the best. I was able to get a set of Omega rubber straps from Josh. So I went ahead and swapped out the bracelet with the straps - and what a huge difference, especially with this watch.

Here's some pics:

174557-8824.jpg

174557-8825.jpg

174557-8826.jpg

174557-8827.jpg

Edited by triplehd

Very nice indeed. I have the same rubber strap for my 42mm PO (from Joshua) but I didn't have springbars thin enough. I also had to cut off those middle taps (genuine probably has third hole in the middle of the lugs).

Then I have to figure out how I keep the strap tight between the lugs. I think I've figured out a solution though. Will post pics of mine when it's done. :)

Yep - Had to cut off those middle taps to get the straps flushed against the case. As to keep the strap tight between the lugs - check out my last pic - I used threading needles from one end of the strap to the other end - just as if they were endlinks.

If you found another solution - I'm all ears.

hmmm.....i wonder if the rep strap will fit my gen :D looks sweet!

Thanks. The problem with these rep straps are that they were made specifically for the POs. These straps have a middle tap that would fit right into the PO case - thus, preventing the strap from moving. I had to remove these taps from each of the straps to get the straps flushed against the case. If you look at my last pic - notice how I used threading needles to secure the straps. These straps do not have any type of end-links to secure the strap from moving.

thats a nice look Harry.

totally different to the bracelet. I like =)

Thanks MVB ! Hey, what do you know - my first mod ! :Jumpy:

Again, many thanks for doing some mods on this bad boy. It looks awesome, especially with the rubber straps.

Edited by triplehd

i would like to get one for my po as well. if the strap made for PO why did you have to cut those middle taps off?

Those middle taps would fit right into the PO case. On the regular Seamaster cases, there's no hole for these taps. Therefore, inorder to get the straps to be flush against the case, I had removed the taps.