When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Tiger 79280 end links and strap

robpatte

I've just bought a genuine Tudor Tiger. It's been through the wars a bit, it has a aftermarket bracelet and the pawnshop owner was a bit too vigorous with his polishing. But I paid under the odds so I'm happy. I'd like to get it back to the original (or as close as possible). Some of these models (79280) came with the sharkskin strap, polished lugs and an endlink which was matt/polished/matt. Some came with matt lugs, a jubilee style bracelet and a matt/polished/matt/polished/matt endlink. My questions are

Do I need the endlinks to attach a strap? Or will a curved end strap fit?

I've read somewhere that you need curved spring bars for a strap on this watch. Is that correct?

Where would I find the end links? Where would I find a strap? Where would I find a bracelet/deployment that's not gonna break the bank (replica?)

Help me out guys.

R

You might try google! I just saw an oyster bracelet- looked like a 78360 with 605 end pieces. You want a Tudor emblem on the clasp- don't know where you'd get that- might look on ebay.

Can you find a rep of the 79280? Maybe you could get a bracelet that way. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Yeh J, I thought about you and was thinking this would be a nice franken build. Finding the dial would be the key. With a swiss eta it would be a damn good watch!

I did check Josh and Andrew and they don't have a 79280, or 79260 or 79270.

@robpatte- check ebay for rep bracelets and end pieces.  

Go over to the Vintage Rolex Forum marketplace. Search Tudor bracelet, or maybe Tudor 79280 bracelet. I see them for sale with the correct endlinks and Tudor clasp come up for sale fairly often there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk