When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New YachtMaster - Trusty Time - Consensus?

508-Fanatic

I really love this watch (the genuine) and I'm really really hoping for a quality rep... 

What do you think of this?

http://www.ttw8488.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_10&products_id=14113

No way I could ever throw $30k at a Rolex... but I'd happily wear the quality rep, what do you all think? 

Problem is for that kind of highly demanded models makers don't need to do much effort to sell.... And one who wants a super rep needs to wait for version no 20 or so...

See for the sub C ! They only made top versions once everyone bought the crap. Then, they HAD to make an effort for buyers to purchase their 3rd or fourth version, after spending countless efforts modding the previous versions....

My opinion. But that's always what happens. For popular watches, it takes years after the release of the first reps before accurate reps are made. The first rep of a 5001 Portuguese I have seen was in 2008. I am glad today I did not fall for it ! The only models worth buying to modify are the vintage rollies, as there is not enough demand for them to go the extra mile. For the new ones : waiting is the best option.

• Like 1

I've ordered this model back in august, and it came with the wrong band, it was a rubber b instead of an oysterflex band and looked reaaallly cheap. Sent it back to josh and ordered a submariner. I don't know what's the quality like now but that's just my 2 cents.