When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which bezel assembly for this Sub?

hologramet

I picked up a spare case via a M2M-deal a couple of months ago. Being bored at night semi-watching a movie I started turning it into a CG-free and thin-lugged case.

The question now is... Where can I find a suiting bezel assembly? (Preferably one that won't drain my wallet completely)

IMG_20151120_130335.thumb.JPG.95dabdc339IMG_20151120_130441.thumb.JPG.058e045f6c

Difficult to ascertain without knowing more about the case origin, but looking at the construction of the case, and there areas for the click spring/stud, I think its safe to say, the bezel will be retained with a click wire.

Difficult to ascertain without knowing more about the case origin, but looking at the construction of the case, and there areas for the click spring/stud, I think its safe to say, the bezel will be retained with a click wire.

Would a TC Sub assembly work? Or should I do some measuring first?

This would be from a 16610 rep from a few years back, as ssteel says, with the click stud assembly. It may or may not take the bezel with the paper clip wire assembly.

It does have the wokky rehaut! But you don't have the lugholes in the case. I think you'd do better to get a more suitable case myself.

Darn... Isnt there anything I can do with this one?

Put on a fluted bezel? Explorer bezel? Anything? Fantasy/franken-watches is not an issue... Thinking of doing a sterile  Seamaster 300-dialed + sword hands...

It such a shame, as the case is in a fantastic shape now after all the TLC i gave it...

That case could be made in a million places.  If your looking for bezels to fit you have to measure and even then there is no guarantee.  You might have to mod by sanding a little.  A TC bezel assembly fits Gen spec case as would star time assembly.  Before you worry about what bezel fits worry about how your crystal is going to fit.  To me this is NOT a 16610 case, so don't waist your money on TC or ST stuff.  I would most likely go for the lower end spectrum watches. I may have a few.  They are held on by a small wire.and the crystal is pressed into a very small gasket.  It might be worth not using this and go for a TC or ST case to start.  Good luck.