When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do I have a 702 crown / tube?

daovto

As per title... is this an (Athaya) 702 tube?

0be4e6ea62d876f850d68e0f34137622.jpg

Gen 702 crown screws down smooth and tight on this but when I try same crown on my existing Athaya 702 tube on my watch it doesn't screw down?

I thought gen crown worked with Athaya tube... have I got that wrong? Or is my tube in the watch not Athaya?

507f919aa8dbe9b52981b9b2d93a42a4.jpg

Was hoping not to have to change tube out to switch to gen crown :(

Those don't look the same same to me. The top does look like an Athaya 702 tube.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Cheers JZ. Well I've come this car... looks like I'll be getting a bit hands on with crown tubes... a first time for me.

Any tips?

Yep that's some other odd tube you have in your watch.

Get a rat-tail file or a triangular file and tap it gently into the hole in your existing tube.  Unscrew it from the case.  You might have to use some heat to loosen it.  Then see if the Athaya tube will thread in the hole.  If it does, give it a dot of blue Loctite and seat it tightly.

Good luck!

Get a rat-tail file or a triangular file and tap it gently into the hole in your existing tube.  Unscrew it from the case.  You might have to use some heat to loosen it.  Then see if the Athaya tube will thread in the hole.  If it does, give it a dot of blue Loctite and seat it tightly.

Good luck!

This. It's actually fairly easy to do.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Nice upgrades! Looking good with the gen crown and service insert. Btw. the crown and tube originally installed were from Athaya, here's a shot from the sales thread.

0a6f5fb1e1afff6da166d2028cc4a4a8.jpg

...and link from next door:

http://www.homageforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=24671

Cheers... when you have such great foundations the tweaks are easy ;-)

I did a bit more searching around. I think MY conclusions were that not every Athaya 702 tube is compatible with every gen 702 crown.

I picked up the crown and tube so was no biggie other than being first time I had done it!

Now I can tick that one off I need to tackle tapping a new thread for tube replacement.

Your new Cartel build is very informative.

• 4 months later...
On 2/12/2015 at 0:25 AM, Nanuq said:

Good luck!

Can I use purple loctite or the blue one its a must? For fitting it, I need use something or just hands?

Thank you

Edited by emameme