When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replica repair

KB

I often see members from different countries asking if others know where to get the replica's repaired.

I have myself pointed quite a few Aussie members at my favourite repairman but the truth is that finding someone to work on your replica's is quite simple.

I would imagine that most of the little 'hole in the wall' sole owner people would not hesitate to do the work, with no questions asked, they are after all simply trying to make a buck like you and me.

I think the hardest part is swallowing a bit of pride and walking up to one of these places and simply asking "Will you do work on a replica watch for me?"

What's the worst that can happen? He might say no and then you walk away never to see him again, come on now how many times did a girl say no to you and you still had to see her at school every day?

There is no secret illuminati of replica watch repairers spread through out the world, the ones members recommend are simply the ones they have approached and asked themselves.

Ken

• Like 1

Ken,

I believe that you are absolutely correct. There are certainly lots of watch repair people out there, who are experienced and well trained. Unfortunately, in a lot of cases they are spending most of their time changing watch batteries! We have a guy close to where I live that is Omega trained, has good tools and seems to know what he is doing.I asked him several years ago if he would work on my rep watches. He told me that he had no problem working on any of mine that had ETA movements. His rationale about the others was the lack of parts. This poor guy is spending his life selling cheap jewelry and Quartz watches!! I bet he doesn't work on more than 25-30 mechanical watches a year. Just not that much demand out here in the country.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes Arthur that is exactly my point.

My guy has a small cluttered shop in an old mall probably gets next to no mechanical watches as they all go to the big jewelers but he does very good work.

Ken