When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First Taste of Swatch parts restrictions in force

SSTEEL

I called a USA supply house a year or so ago about a crown for a SMP and was quoted "somewhere around $60" but it was back ordered. The sales person told me this was not a good time to own an omega watch and soon going to be a whole lot worse. Looks like they were telling the truth.

Notice Cousins said "Whilst stocks last". This does not sound good.

The only omegas I have is an old tonneau shaped gold top constellation and a screw back dressy seamaster. It took me over a year to run down a little date flipper spring p/n 722-0563-1530 for one I was working on.

I say thehellwith'em.    :pimp:

Went to one of the supply houses website today, looking for an ETA movement. I looked at them a couple of months ago, but didn't buy. Wish I had, they were about 60.00 USD higher today! At least they still have some, but as the supply dwindles, the prices will continue to go up.

Problem is with some movements, there are good substitutes, with others, there aren't easy "drop in" replacements. Hopefully over time, there will be good substitutes for all ETA movements.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk