When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM daylight with some issues

below24

Morning all!

So I have had this lovely watch for a number of years (yes its filthy, apologies).

I need some help here, as my knowledge is very limited.

I don't know what the movement is.

I think the crown is broken, (looked on eBay). I can no longer wind the watch manually or adjust the hands.

Is it worth getting it serviced?

If so, where can I find someone that can do this in the UK. I did use someone a number of years ago, however they no longer take on pieces.

c044ac3788067c73c425c285a8a70543.jpg

1a96991ae01e16b1697b2d089ba222cd.jpg

b2570b40a3f55900da26f64c9fd8b429.jpg

84ea1fd9695bbffddc89bbe51c9359ff.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated here.

Thank you

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You need a. New Crown. http://www.ebay.com/itm/10mm-Stainless-Steel-Watch-Crown-For-Panerai-b-/252162149760?hash=item3ab6090d80:g:WcEAAOSwwbdWP4zt

not sure if that is a A6497 or a 7750/3 version.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HR-ETA-7750-WATCH-REPLACEMENT-MOVEMENT-STEM-/221984783903?hash=item33af52fe1f:g:bWsAAOSwKrhVcdC4

If it's the A6497 if it is you might need a stem adaptor. 

You need to get the stem out as well

That one looks like 7750 and yes the broken stem will have to be extracted from the movement and replaced. The crown will have to be replaced unless you can lock on to the broken stem and get it back out of the crown. It does not look as though there is enough of the stem sticking up to lock on to.

Thanks very much for your input. Lock onto the broken stem? I will need to look into that.

I will more than likely order the new stem and crown and see how I go with that.

With regards to the scratches, is there anything I could use to remove some of them on the glass and metal?

Just watched a video on reluming and now I want to do that!

Thanks very much for your input. Lock onto the broken stem? I will need to look into that.

I will more than likely order the new stem and crown and see how I go with that.

With regards to the scratches, is there anything I could use to remove some of them on the glass and metal?

Just watched a video on reluming and now I want to do that!

Lock on to the broken stem with pliers. Would require there was enough sticking up to grab onto. Probably best to have new stem and crown.

You can remove case swirlies with a cape cod. If you use cape cod on Crystal it will remove any AR coatings. Often the scratches you see in the crystal are actually scratches in the AR coating. Sometimes if mine are beat up enough I just remove the coating but be warned, it is time consuming and hard to get off.

Find a cheap practice dial to hone your luming skills on you will be much happier with the results once you have mastered the skill.

Best of luck!

• 1 month later...

Has the issue been resolved for you yet?  As StormTrooper stated, you will need a new crown and stem. It is possible that you might need a full service on the movement, seeing as it is an A7750, which are notorious for winding/setting issues. The gear that winds the barrel is made if incredibly cheap metal that chews teeth if handwound, causing debris to enter the rest of the movement.

If you don't want to go the service route, a replacement movement is fairly cheap and available.

http://www.watch-tool.de/html/mech__movements.php?id=0980bk

IMG_0618.JPG

• Like 1

• 1 month later...