When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Submariner Meets Its Monster Cousin

By-Tor

• 2 weeks later...
great pics by-tor! is the ultimate PO as good as i told you it was or what..... does it not make the 4th gen 42mm look like canal st? in my opinion....it's mayrb the best rep out there.

You may be right... it's probably the best rep ever. But it doesn't make the 4th Gen look bad at all (imho). Only the bracelet and clasp on the 4th Gen are slightly inferior. Yeah, hands and pearl aren't as good either... but those are minutiae.

Put the 4th Gen on a rubber strap... there, problem solved.

This you have probably seen already. Another comparison shot (same theme). :)

180319-7467.jpg

This is probably one of the favourite PO shots of mine. I got lucky with this one.

180319-7468.jpg

Agree 100% Po is the best rep I have ever seen :o

I think it's a close call with the TAG Link Chrono. Very, very close. SMP Chronograph isn't far behind, either. I'm really looking forward to the upcoming Chronomat Evolution and Steelfish SuperOcean too. Let's hope they're the new challengers.

You may be right... it's probably the best rep ever. But it doesn't make the 4th Gen look bad at all (imho). Only the bracelet and clasp on the 4th Gen are slightly inferior. Yeah, hands and pearl aren't as good either... but those are minutiae.

Put the 4th Gen on a rubber strap... there, problem solved.

This you have probably seen already. Another comparison shot (same theme). :)

180331-7465.jpg

This is probably one of the favourite PO shots of mine. I got lucky with this one.

180331-7466.jpg

the 4th gen bezel click mech is not like the gen (too loose and flimsy) the case shape is wrong, crown is wrong, bracelet is bad (needs a rubber strap- easy fix), and the logo on the dial is placed wrong and too big...... the ultimate needs a gen crown, and a correct logo on the dial and double AR but some gen owners "wash" off the outer AR anyways so this will pass. both are great but the ultimate sets a new standard! i really wish the chrono had correct subdial spacing which will never happen. what movement is in the gen? maybe if i can swap the movement and get a genuine dial.................. :p

I think it's a close call with the TAG Link Chrono. Very, very close. SMP Chronograph isn't far behind, either. I'm really looking forward to the upcoming Chronomat Evolution and Steelfish SuperOcean too. Let's hope they're the new challengers.

i think the SMP chrono would be very impressive if the bracelet were any good! i may drop the five bills on a genuine bracelet so i can wear it in public. the clasp really bothers me as does all the razor sharp edges on the bracelet. the case/dial/hands/ everything but the entire bracelet is incredible!

Yeah... the "Ultimate" is much better. What I'm trying to say that 4th Gen is still very good rep when you put it next to an average replica watch.

I already traded it though. Not because it was flawed, but the 42mm felt wimpy after the Monster. Sub feels like a ladies' watch after wearing the Big PO.

Yeah... the "Ultimate" is much better. What I'm trying to say that 4th Gen is still very good rep when you put it next to an average replica watch.

I already traded it though. Not because it was flawed, but the 42mm felt wimpy after the Monster. Sub feels like a ladies' watch after wearing the Big PO.

you wouldn't think looking at the specs 42mm vs 45.5mm it would be that much bigger..........but HOLY CRAP its bigger! makes the 42mm and rolex subs feel wimpy <_<