When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

16000 franken date overlay question

American Power

Hello,
 I am in the process of building a franken 16030 datejust.

I have a gen 16030 case, gen dial, gen bezel, gen crystal, gen crown.

I also have a SW220 (ETA 2638-2) and Tudor hands.

My question is about the date overlay.  I purchased a 3135 gen date wheel.  Will this gen 3135 work with my sw220/2836?  If so what do I need to do to get this to work?

Anyone know a trustworthy and reliable watch builder who can build me the super franken I desire?  If not then I will build it myself (i have all the tools but very little time), I am very picky anyhow.  I could have easily purchased a gen 16030 but would rather participate in some level and take some sort of pride in what I put on my wrist vs I gave someone x amount and know nothing about it.  

So does the gen 3135 date wheel work with the 2836 in a 16000 gen case or do I need to mod it to make it work?

Modder recommendations are appreciated (PM are aslo welcomed)

"Will this gen 3135 (dwo) work with my sw220/2836?"

It should if there is enough room between the date wheel overlay and the dial...the sw220/Eta 2836 has more room between the date wheel and dial after the day of the week works have been removed than 2824 date only movements. You can find the details by searching the rolex forum.

For example, StoneP has one similar to your project for sale. Look at the parts list.

https://rwg.cc/topic/182483-franken-datejust-16014

'MMM' insert = mymanmatt dwo.

1 hour ago, StoneP said:

The 3135 datewheel won't work on ETA or other clones. I ve seen a hand full of build with gen wheels but it's a hell of work to make it fit & function properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see in your builds you use the 2824 movement.  What adapter ring/spacer ring are you using to allow you to use that movement?

Why don't you use the 2836 in your builds?  

I wish I would have know you had that 16014 for sale I would have gobbled that up at your asking price. 

Does anyone sell the movement with the correct date wheel overlay already installed so all I have to do is assemble it in the case?  Seems like the overlay would be difficult to get centered on all numbers.  Your builds (the two you have for sale) look awesome.