When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ATTENTION...ATTENTION......FAKE PAY-PAL email .....>>

OI812

I got it this morning......shows a fake transaction on your Pay-Pal account involving "Luxury Watches".......which you obviously didn't do and then a "dispute this transaction" button........then asks for a shitload of information which conveniently contains your credit card #'s, etc.........

Folk's, this thing looks very, very real......almost spooky......and a person could easily be fooled......be careful!

Edited by OI812

Just roll your cursor over any link in one of these emails and the link address should be visible in a tooltip type popup or at the bottom of your mail program window, depending on which mail program or operating system you use. You can see immediately that if you follow the link, you will be on an address that has nothing to do with pp. Or, you can disable HTML in your mail program and view everything as text. The scam site addresses become obvious for what they are then. They steal the buttons and icons from the pp site, but they can't hide their scam addresses.

Edited by krustybrand

Real pp emails ALWAYS use your name. If it says "Dear pp Customer" or something to that effect, it's a spoof. If you follow the link, they'll ask you to resubmit your credit card info, and you know what happens next. Just hit DELETE.

Just to let you know that I got fake ebay/pp emails with my name on it.

I do business on ebay and I have 1600+ feedbacks.

It would be a money cow for the scammers if they can phish my account.

Never respond to an email by following a link that is provided in the email. Once you know what to look for these type of e-mails are pretty obvious to spot. Always report them to the site that they are scamming. ALWAYS!

I've received these from time to time and I will call pp (or whoever) to report it. You will find that most sites respond very promptly to this kind of action. Don't just delete it. Take action and report it.

If you believe it to be real, don't click a link, just open a new browser window and type in www.pp.com

not very difficult or time consuming :whistling: