When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5513 movement choice

azbank

Gentlemen, 

Which high beat ETA movement can be used for no date 5513 dial in a Yuki case. ?  I know slow beat is more appropriate, but say I like the ticking of a high beat which reference would I search for on ebay. 

ETA2824 / 36 have all date wheals, when these are used on a no-date dials (like 5513) is there any modification done to them or you simply take out the dwo and install? 

Thank you for your replies. 

I believe a 2824 will be the safe choice, but you need the cannon pinon to be high enough. If you have not made a purchase, TC's movements have the right CP. If the case will fit a 2836 (doubtful) that will have the right CP. Remove the date disc so you do not hear a click when it turns over.

Edited by alt.watch.obsessive

Yes, and yes.

The 2836 is already set up properly. If you use a 2824, you need the H4 swapped in for what the movement comes with. TC's movement has that set up done already, or you will have to get a watchsmith to do it for you. Out of the box, the 2824 does not come with it.

The real issue is what case is it going in? That will tell you which movement you need to use.

TC is a submariner builder ledgend! His was the 1st rep I ever brought and his work is nigh on perfection!! Anyway if you want an education in his work check out his blog - Google TC submariner blog and you'll see how far he has gone in his quest for perfection! I'm still learning about this site so not sure where a direct link lays just yet. Hope this helps :)

If you are using Yuki's case then the easiest thing to do would be to buy TC's 2824, and while you are at it, buy a set of his Submariner hands.

TC 2824-2 Elabore Grade, $180
TC 16610 Hands Set V2, $50

Relume the hands to match whatever dial you are using. Keep in mind if the dial isn't made for an ETA movement, you will have to clip the feet.

Also make sure you get an ETA movement ring with the Yuki case. You could go elsewhere for it, but Yuki does sell them.

http://www.yukiwatch.com/catalog/item/7518423/7999848.htm

While we're at it, is it possible to modify the movement to make it jump from winding to time setting with out the date position in between (when using the crown)? And, is it also possible to remove the hack function?

BTW OP I would love to see how the Yuki case looks. Can you upload some pics, especially of the CGs?