When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep sub?

Ryan310888

Hi everyone. First post, 

I have been reading about different rep subs on here. I have noticed that the noob factory watches are well respected. I have been on the some of the websites and noticed the price difference between the most expensive and the cheaper reps. Are the cheaper reps terrible? Is it worth paying the extra? Im more concerned with the look than the movement, an Asian automatic would be  absolutely fine for me

Thanks in advance

If you want a very good ceramic bezel sub just get the V6S from Noob factory (and get it from one of our trusted dealer, NEVER from a random site you find with Google) with Asian 2836 movement.

Also the older V5 or V6 (not s) are great.

If you prefer the older not ceramic version, the best around are thr Thomas Caddell (TC) realizations.

Differences between ceramic (right one) and non ceramic (left one) bezel:

rolex-submariner-review.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I have only been checking prices of sites that I have found on here that other members have recommended. 

Perfect clones have one with for 148 USD. With an asain 2813 movement

Which is a lot less expensive than the noob factory reps. Is it worth paying the extra? I don't think it would personally bother me if the only difference is the bezel 

Thanks for the reply. I have only been checking prices of sites that I have found on here that other members have recommended. 

Perfect clones have one with for 148 USD. With an asain 2813 movement

Which is a lot less expensive than the noob factory reps. Is it worth paying the extra? I don't think it would personally bother me if the only difference is the bezel 

To me it is worth.

The 2813 movements feel "cheap" to me when operating it with the crown.

Also they are 21600 beats per hour. The Eta (and Asian eta clones) beats at 28800 BPH, which is the same as gen Rolex movement.

See the difference in the second hand sweep here:

You just can't compare the quality feel between a cheap 2813 sub and q Noob V6s. You feel and see the difference. Also.. A lot more differs between a 166110 and 16610. The bracelet, links, glidelock clasp. Thicker lugs. Different bezel construction and look.

In the best of world's I'd like a Sub, with lugs and crown guards from the 16610, Maxi dial and hands like on 166110, bezel assembly from 166110. Bracelet with solid links and glidelock clasp.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info guys. I will keep reading before I purchase. I'm thinking maybe a date just now instead.

I bought this a few months ago really cheap when I was on holiday, when I knew even less about reps than I do now. This has kind of got me interested in reps. Iv never worn it at home because iv noticed its problems since I googled it. Could anybody identify where it could have been manufactured? 

IMAG0581.jpg

IMAG0583.jpg

IMAG0584.jpg

IMAG0585.jpg

IMAG0586.jpg

IMAG0587.jpg

Glad to have you aboard. Welcome. With reps, as in all things in life, you get what you pay for. Although sometimes less expensive things are better, but you have to know what you are looking at and what the alternatives are. When you get into the higher end reps, about the only differences within a particular model from the same manufacturer will be the movement. Here you have to decide whether you want a straight up a2824, a a2824 that has been "dressed up" to superficially look like a Rolex movement, or possibly the 3135 clone movements that are built to look and function as the genuine.

You will find that the members here are a treasure trove of knowledge, however they expect you to do the legwork. Folks are glad to help, but they aren't going to do your research for you. So my advice to you is..........

Do your homework, read reviews on these particular watches, see what the TD's have to offer, buy and enjoy:g: (For a while) and then you will get the bug to make it better, so you add a gen insert, gen crystal maybe a gen dial, crown, etc. Now buddy, you are hooked!! :whistling:

• Like 1

Oh I know it's bad. It was very cheap. I'm only curious that's all. I can open it up and have a look at it. Plus I never would have joined the forum if I hadn't of bought this watch ha

That one may well be not even made of steel (it can be brass plated).

When you will get your 1st high end rep believe me you will feel such a difference that it will be amazing :)

the green sub I posted pics of. Is it trying to be a 16610 or a 116610? And will the bezel come off like a decent rep would?

I'm going to try my hardest to not rush into buying just anything for the sake of it. I will make a decision and buy my 1st decent rep

Edited by Ryan310888

If you do decide on a 16610, they are the best out of the box. You can buy it and just wear it without worrying about "tells".

99.99% of the people you will come across will not know it is a replica (nor they will care).