When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cartel 1665 bezel assy

Time taker

Received my cartel 1665 last month with a poorly fitting bezel that pretty much falls off in my hand each time I touch it. Apart from an expensive phong assy, does anyone have a source for a replacement cartel set (retaining ring & bezel) or a decent, reasonably priced after market assy?? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a common problem on replicas with rotating bezels because the parts are hit or miss on specs so a replacement part may or may not fit any better.

You have a few things to consider: 1..You need SD 1665 parts and they are hard to find compared to 5512/13/1680 parts.  2..Cartel parts may or may not be 'in spec' (same as oem) or in spec from one watch to the next so just any replacement 1665 bezel may not fit.  3..You may need a new crystal as well as a complete bezel assembly in order to fix the problem. Not cheap.

One way out is to buy a bezel set from someone who bought one of the latest MBK 5512/13/1680 that came with a 1665 bezel assembly.

The easiest way out would be to have a new inner bezel with a slightly larger od made by a member who does these things but most of them have really slowed down or stopped altogether because they got snowed under with repairs. This is why so many of us had to become 'replica experts' for want of a better title.

I doubt a sign hanging outside a watch repair shop with 'Replica Expert' on it would be good for business.   :pimp:

Is a 'replica expert' an expert in replicas or a 'fake' expert in whatever they claim to be an 'expert' in?

Now there's a question!! Thanks for the advice. I was trying to think of a way to burr either the bezel or retainer to make an interference fit but I can't see that being an option. This seems to be a common problem with the new cartel case sets.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where's the bezel coming off at? The clip or is the crystal retainer coming off. 

If it the crystal retainer, Try to drop a Clark tropic 39 or a 19 in it. Maybe you'll get lucky.

The last cartel 1665  I bought had / has the assembly with the crap plastic gasket between the crystal and retainer. I was able to press on a 1680 bezel (Clark) but the fit is tight. I haven't messed with it since it's just hanging in the parts box. 

Sounds like you have a little extra space so may the gen spec crystal will fit and keep the retainer on.

If it's just the bezel clip you could swap that out with a better one. WSO or I'm sure people have a ton in the parts box. I'd send you one from the cartel, if you'd like. Won't be home for a week though. PM. 

The Clark 1680 did fit.. Barely. Crystal breakage is an issue. Order a couple. 

Theres this from WSO

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=160907267371&globalID=EBAY-US 

they also have a 1665. I bet it's exactly the same. I'd order both. Just to see. Good luck 

Edited by Tiyal

The retainer is nice and tight but the bezel is coming of at the clip in point. It must be a tolerance issue between the retainer and bezel. Would really appreciate a retainer ring if you have one spare. Will pm you. I have gone back to the td and he said he sent me a replacement bezel set but that was 2 months ago so I'm guessing it's lost in the post!! Thanks for the info

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...