When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Look what flew in yesterday

gasebah

I was in the hunt for a nice 1675 or 6542 for a long time. As I am too ungifted to build a watch from scratch I bought some builds in rep fora but while they were optically nice they were all mechanical nightmares.

Recently I stumbled over the Key West and took the plunge. It flew in yesterday. The whole quality of this watch, case dial, bezel, hands totally exceeded my expectations. Very nice.

Key West.jpg

Edited by gasebah
  • Like 2

These are from MKII (mkiiwatches.com). You usually cannot buy them (except some models which are on general ordering). You have to preorder them and place a deposit of 50% of the watch price. The other 50% are due when the watch is ready for delivery. For some models this took like forever. Anyway for this model pre-ordering stage 2 has a long waiting list. This particular watch is in the 1600USD range. But I think realistically you can buy them only 2nd hand now.

The whole MK2 story and its business model is very interesting and the quality is on par with gens from well known brands in the 2-4000€ range IMHO. The movements are usually swiss ETA. The designs are inspired by watch classics but they never just copy the design, but merge it with some modern aspects. There is a dedicated forum for the brand on watchuseek. 

Edited by gasebah
  • Like 1