When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Me likes this...Tritium is back

gasebah

Currently on top of the list for my next watch:

https://www.nitewatches.com/store/gb/icon-automatic/icon-automatic-215l/

Edited by gasebah

Interestingly, I bought a WCT from the owner, Howard Marx 15 years ago or so. Hands and dial he put in my watch were from the last batch of fresh tritium lume. The dial and hands were Rolex Sub/Gmt style.

I've owned and still own several Marathon watches that glow pretty nicely.

And of course I own a bunch of Superluminova watches that glow amazingly. The Zenith pilot comes to mind for super crazy lume.

...But NOTHING is like the WCT I had with fresh tritium lume. It glowed like freaking fire!!! Seriously like it was on fire! And it cast a crazy bright amount of light, so much so that I could read a book in the dark easily with no problem.

My '67 Rolex GMT must've looked amazing in the dark back when grandpa bought it new in 1967!!

Seiko's proprietary lume, tritium tubes, Superluminova... None of these glow like freshly slathered-on tritium paint.

I'm happy I got a chance to experience the stuff technically I assume after it was banned the world over.

Cheers

Wow! SO many GTLS brands - I only heard of Luminox and Nite.

I am blind as a bat without my contact lenses or glasses on, and the GTLS is very useful when I knock my watch off the nightstand.

Of course if I was hardcore I wouldn't take my watch off for sleeping!